The Matrix 20th Anniversary Screenings

TwinIon

AMC is celebrating the 20th anniversary of The Matrix by having screenings in all their Dolby Cinema theaters from 8/30 through 9/5. I never actually saw the film in theaters, so I'm excited to get a chance. When first announced showings filled up pretty fast, but I noticed that my local theater just added some new showtimes, so I was able to get a great seat for a screening tomorrow. I'm not aware of them having done any special work to show it in HDR or ATMOS, but I imagine it'll still be a worthwhile viewing.

Especially with a fourth film just announced, anyone else taking the opportunity to revisit The Matrix?

In all honesty I don’t need to go waste money on something I have at home. It has been showing on tv pretty often as well. I have bought the series 5 time (DVD twice, HD-DVD, Blu-Ray, and 4K) Plus I use to do some of these special presentations and half where with a blu-ray player and disc. Probably just up them to UHD players and discs, but how many theatres can do 4K, HDR, and Atmos. I also doubt they would give up a premium theatres price for a re-release, and IT Chapter 2 will be out.

10 minutes ago, silentbob said:

In all honesty I don’t need to go waste money on something I have at home. It has been showing on tv pretty often as well. I have bought the series 5 time (DVD twice, HD-DVD, Blu-Ray, and 4K) Plus I use to do some of these special presentations and half where with a blu-ray player and disc. Probably just up them to UHD players and discs, but how many theatres can do 4K, HDR, and Atmos. I also doubt they would give up a premium theatres price for a re-release, and IT Chapter 2 will be out.

It’s a Dolby Cinema release, which means 4K, HDR, and Atmos. They picked this week in particular because there isn’t anything worth putting in those screens until IT next week :p 

1 hour ago, silentbob said:

I suppose already paying for the AMC subscription makes a big difference in my willingness. One ticket to The Matrix alone is $20.

11 minutes ago, silentbob said:

Sorry read the date wrong. My bad, and so maybe WB would make an actual HDD or digital download to your server

It’s 100% an actual DCP. Dolby made a new Dolby Vision transfer and a full Atmos track. I saw a few scenes at Cinemacon back in March and it looks and sounds fantastic, at least the sequences they showed off.

I just came in to say that while I won't be going to this, I saw the movie when it was in theaters in 1999 and it was one of the best movie experiences of my life. I must have seen it in theaters at least a few more times after that, something I almost never do.

It is one of the best movies of all time. 

13 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

I just came in to say that while I won't be going to this, I saw the movie when it was in theaters in 1999 and it was one of the best movie experiences of my life. I must have seen it in theaters at least a few more times after that, something I almost never do.

It is one of the best movies of all time. 

This. Exactly this.