Games With Gold July 2019

Keyser_Soze

Looking forward to finally playing Inside. Have owned Castlevania ever since it released on 360, but for those who don't have it, that's a win.

Something I've been wondering since E3 though is that Microsoft said they were ending their BC efforts on XBO to focus on Scarlet, so I'm assuming that all of the 360 GWG games for the next year and a half will be rehashes or games that are already BC.

I can see them killing off the 360 inclusions once Scarlet/Anaconda releases but hopefully not before then.

12 minutes ago, Dodger said:

Free SotN is nice. Maybe I’ll do another play through.  This and Sony just need to stop with the free games, they are getting to be insulting since they want all their good stuff for GP and PSNow

But that's the dilemma. Neither one of them can get rid of their GWG/PS+ games without the other using it as ammo. Coupled with the poor look it would be to remove a feature from a service that stays the same price.

I personally wouldn't mind seeing GWG fade away, especially if it meant MS could use that money to secure day one Game Pass releases.

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 6:45 PM, XxEvil AshxX said:

Looking forward to finally playing Inside. Have owned Castlevania ever since it released on 360, but for those who don't have it, that's a win.

Something I've been wondering since E3 though is that Microsoft said they were ending their BC efforts on XBO to focus on Scarlet, so I'm assuming that all of the 360 GWG games for the next year and a half will be rehashes or games that are already BC.

I can see them killing off the 360 inclusions once Scarlet/Anaconda releases but hopefully not before then.

I think you'll see Live go away, and GWG with it. You'll be left with Gamepass Ultimate and a Xcloud subscription. 

Also glad I held off on Inside and SOTN the last couple times they went on sale, really dislike wasting my Microsoft Reward points.

1 hour ago, Commodore D said:

I think you'll see Live go away, and GWG with it. You'll be left with Gamepass Ultimate and a Xcloud subscription. 

Doubtful.  They’ve kept Gold on tap both as an excuse to charge console owners for online multiplayer and to get people used to paying for week-before-launch access.  

The only reason they’d ever drop it is a fear of their console competitors losing their subscription lust.  Not likely.  Even Nintendo’s full steam ahead on this. Console online multiplayer isn’t going free any time in the foreseeable future.

13 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

Doubtful.  They’ve kept Gold on tap both as an excuse to charge console owners for online multiplayer and to get people used to paying for week-before-launch access.  

The only reason they’d ever drop it is a fear of their console competitors losing their subscription lust.  Not likely.  Even Nintendo’s full steam ahead on this. Console online multiplayer isn’t going free any time in the foreseeable future.

foreseeable 

Oh, I don't think it will be free, just rolled up into either of the services.