Looking for an iPad controller w/mount

Spork3245

I’m looking for a controller that will work with my iPad mini and can also mount the iPad on it for the Steam streaming app.

I bought this over the weekend: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MR4VLJW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_nbX.CbV1C9A6T because “oh, hey, my iPad will be like a Switch!”, but, jfc, the analog sticks don’t click so I’m missing L3 and R3 in games, plus, the right analog stick is absolute trash for accuracy with a really odd dead zone (and this thing ranks as one of the best iOS controllers :|) and reminds me a lot of the awful nVidia Shield controller analog sticks. So, is there anything out there that’s as good as a PS4 or Xbone controller? I do have a Nyko Smart Clip for my Xbone controllers that I could use when streaming over wifi, but was hoping for something more similar to that Game Vice controller, but with good analog sticks and all the inputs. :p 

33 minutes ago, Rodimus said:

The next iOS 13 will have support for Xbox One  Controller and PS4 DS4 controller built in.

That doesn't solve the "wouldn't it be cool to turn my iPad into a Switch" dilemma here. I had the same issue when I tried to find some good controller for a tablet to stream Steam to. I found nothing but janky and awful gamepads.

7 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

That doesn't solve the "wouldn't it be cool to turn my iPad into a Switch" dilemma here. I had the same issue when I tried to find some good controller for a tablet to stream Steam to. I found nothing but janky and awful gamepads.

Yea, the Game Vice is good quality build-wise, but the lack of L3 and R3 plus the terrible aiming with the analog sticks makes it practically unusable. It’s insane that this is supposedly *the* controller for iOS devices and is the one sold in Apple Stores. :/ 

5 hours ago, Rodimus said:

Well the beta is either out or soon. Also I imagine it will release in the Fall around September or October. They generally release a new iOS like clockwork.

beta is out now. 

check out www.reddit.com/r/iosgaming lots of feedback and info on using the controllers with steam and moonlight