Eurogamer all but confirms The Witcher 3 will be announced for the Switch next week

46 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I remember Square Enix saying HD towns are hard and then never putting out a good Final Fantasy since. 

Nintendo.

"When it comes to the scale of software development, Wii U with HD graphics requires about twice the human resources than before."

"We may have underestimated the scale of this change and as a result, the overall software development took more time than originally anticipated just as we tried to polish the software at the completion phase of development."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2013/07/08/miyamoto-admits-nintendo-underestimated-the-switch-to-hd/#482112cf5294

The first 10 months of the Wii U were barren.  Mediocre and redundant launch titles.  Then nothing of value until Pikmin 3 the August after launch.

There's no period of time where the Switch has ever had it so bad.

Switch has a bunch of games already released. Both new and ports/remasters. I feel like currently they’re in a spot where since Smash they don’t have any big releases or something really anticipated. I can’t remember but the only notable games I can remember are the yoshi game and the new super Mario Bros u port.  Waiting on Mario Maker 2 :) 

ill probably get Witcher 3 but I agree with an earlier post. Their high prices are fucking dumb. I think LA noire released for 60? Maybe 40. If Witcher 3 is 60 I’ll wait 8 months for a sale down to 35 dollars. 

22 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I love my Switch, but I don't care to pay full price for an inferior port, even if it is just about my favorite game of all time. 

But Switch has plenty else to offer. People who say otherwise are just grumblers who love to bitch. 

Almost how I feel.

The one place the Switch has been lacking for me is with interesting 3rd party games I can't get elsewhere.  Nintendo's predictably tapped Platinum Games, Team Ninja and Ubisoft for that this gen.  But I want to see more diversity again.  Cadence of Hyrule is a start.

Get Mistwaker back on The Last Story 2 or something.

Just now, crispy4000 said:

This is almost how I feel.

The one place the Switch has been lacking for me is with interesting 3rd party games I can't get elsewhere.  Nintendo's tapped Platinum Games, Team Ninja and Ubisoft this gen.  But I want to see more diversity.

That would be nice, but I already feel I have more than I can possibly play between Switch, PS4 exclusives, and everything else on PC. 

I have my Switch for Nintendo exclusives and a PS4 for Sony exclusives. That's what I buy those systems for and I'm good with that.

5 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

Almost how I feel.

The one place the Switch has been lacking for me is with interesting 3rd party games I can't get elsewhere.  Nintendo's predictably tapped Platinum Games, Team Ninja and Ubisoft for that this gen.  But I want to see more diversity again.

Koei Tecmo, Square Enix, Bandai Namco, Atlus, and some Indie devs. It’s a pretty good list considering Switch is coming off the Wii U generation. 

21 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

That would be nice, but I already feel I have more than I can possibly play between Switch, PS4 exclusives, and everything else on PC. 

I have my Switch for Nintendo exclusives and a PS4 for Sony exclusives. That's what I buy those systems for and I'm good with that.

I'm not.  I want more than just exclusives made by Nintendo on the thing.  Historically, the 3rd party exclusives have been some of my favorite games on their systems, especially N64 on.

I generally don't use my Switch for games I can get elsewhere.  Not because of the hardware limitations, but because the prices suck.  I'm too stringy and lazy to spend more on a portability tax.

15 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Koei Tecmo, Square Enix, Bandai Namco, Atlus, and some Indie devs. It’s a pretty good list considering Switch is coming off the Wii U generation. 

Where is SMT V?  SquareEnix isn't making bonafide exclusives anymore.  Koei Tecmo is relegated to Warriors stuff and Ultimate Alliance I guess.  As with the Wii U, its Platinum doing the heavy lifting.

21 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Fire Emblem is also a big title coming next month. Switch has great games. I've even started buying indies exclusively on Switch, where I used to just get them on Steam. The portability factor really makes a difference. 

Yes! If it's a 2D indie game, it's all but guaranteed that I'll get it on Switch rather than another system. I think the only factor that might make me reconsider is if there is expected to be healthy and interesting mod support. That generally isn't the case for 2D indies though.

I'm not.  I want more than just exclusives made by Nintendo on the thing.  Historically, the 3rd party exclusives have been some of my favorite games on their systems, especially N64 on.

I generally don't use my Switch for games I can get elsewhere.  Not because of the hardware limitations, but because the prices suck.  I'm too stringy and lazy to spend more on a portability tax.

Indies are already cheap enough, that I'm not too worried about price. And the days of third party exclusives are largely gone and that's for all systems. But, shit, at least it's not as bad as Xbox, which has essentially no exclusives anymore. 

7 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

Not enough of those have materialized yet, IMO.  Where is SMT IV?  SquareEnix won't make bonafide exclusives anymore.  Koei Tecmo is relegated to Warriors stuff and Ultimate Alliance I guess.

It's kind of sad to think that the Wii had more exciting partnerships.

SMT IV is on 3DS, released years ago.

8 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Indies are already cheap enough, that I'm not too worried about price. And the days of third party exclusives are largely gone and that's for all systems. But, shit, at least it's not as bad as Xbox, which has essentially no exclusives anymore.

True on the last part.  As for Indies, it's more the comparative price across platforms.  If a game has a historical low of $10 on PC, and is going for $20 on Switch, I'll never buy the Switch version.  In fact, I'll wait to buy it on PC in a bundle if I'm patient.  (with most indies, I am)

With so many games worth playing, I've started to take price in account more.  That just leaves the Switch in a bad position for me for multiplatform stuff.  Nothing truly feels like its on sale when there's always bigger discounts across the street.

8 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

SMT IV is on 3DS, released years ago.

Meant SMT V.

3 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

True on the last part.  As for Indies, it's more the comparative price thing across platforms.  If a game has a historical low of $10 on PC, and is going for $20 on Switch, I'll never buy the Switch version.  In fact, I'll wait to buy it in a bundle if I'm patient.  (with most indies, I am)

With so many games worth playing, I've really started to take price in account more.

With so many games worth playing, it's why I'm not bitching about getting everything on Switch. There's just too much worth my time and I have other hobbies aside from gaming. And portability is a huge factor for me, which is why it doesn't bother me to spend a few more dollars for that convenience. In regards to indies, anyway.

Meant SMT V.

I assume it's still coming, but Atlus has been slow with the series. 

1 hour ago, Remarkableriots said:

Are they making a Pro or just one that doesn't dock? I would like to get one kinda soon but should i wait? Are they revealing them at E3?

Rumor is by respected publications that the Switch will get two revisions. One will be a lighter more portable Switch. The second will be a slightly more powerful Switch. Also rumored is the Switch Pro is delayed until next year. We shall see. I will check with you before giving my Switch away to see if you have one. 

11 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

I did buy RE4 but it is hard to justify multiplats on the Switch.  1440p>720p. I did buy Valkyria Chronicles 4 on both systems but it seems like a waste. I will buy all the heavy hitters from Nintendo.

I bought  VC4 on Switch, because it's not a demanding or graphical powerhouse of a game. Plus, the portability is a nice factor for RPGs. 

I haven't yet played it, though. :blush:

10 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I bought  VC4 on Switch, because it's not a demanding or graphical powerhouse of a game. Plus, the portability is a nice factor for RPGs. 

I haven't yet played it, though. :blush:

I bought it for the CE and for portability but I mainly have played it on my PC. 

It's not a knock on the Switch though. I have a pretty mean Hearts of Iron 4 mp addiction so I plan to just keep my purchases to heavy hitter switch games for now. Sincr I can play them at work.