Russian mining firm puts Trump's face on its asbestos products

As US officials decide against banning product, producer Uralasbest puts Trump ‘seal of approval’ on pallets

Trump, however, has previously voiced his support for asbestos, calling it “100% safe, once applied”, in his 1997 book The Art of the Comeback. In the same tome, Trump wrote: “I believe that the movement against asbestos was led by the mob, because it was often mob-related companies that would do the asbestos removal.”

1934.jpg?w=1920&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&

It's true that asbestos is amazing at what it does, and if properly contained. The issue is that it's never properly contained because people are idiots, so it had to be banned. It's like how guns will never kill anyone if properly used by sane people...except for all of the idiots that own them.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

It's true that asbestos is amazing at what it does, and if properly contained. The issue is that it's never properly contained because people are idiots, so it had to be banned. It's like how guns will never kill anyone if properly used by sane people...except for all of the idiots that own them.

That's not a very nice way to talk about @mclumber1. :nottalking:

5 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Non fibeous asbestos is plenty safe.  And as long as you have adequate ventilation you won't die for many decades from the asbestosis.

You really have to stop pushing for things based on the assumption people, particularly governments, are rational actors with the peoples' humane interests in mind, just because you are smart and rational and responsible (which you are!).

I'm not outing you, but I have noticed a pattern. In this specific case (as the case with the DIY guns) you're technically correct but it's potential abuses outweigh its potentially benign nature in this case, and elsewhere where you've argued a more moderate or conservative viewpoint. 

To be clear, I agree with you, but its ignoring context and how people work and are. I learned this the hard way, where I thought objectivity was more important than context. This election and this era has taught me . . . it isn't. It just isn't, because the world isn't objective. So why would we be? We need to bend things to how they should be when one side is actively doing the opposite, but using the veneer of objectivity to push their agendas. It's insidious. Just my .02 not trying to hate, I respect your opinions as they are often very informed and I learn a lot. :)

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

You really have to stop pushing for things based on the assumption people, particularly governments, are rational actors with the peoples' humane interests in mind, just because you are smart and rational and responsible (which you are!).

I'm not outing you, but I have noticed a pattern. In this specific case (as the case with the DIY guns) you're technically correct but it's potential abuses outweigh its potentially benign nature in this case, and elsewhere where you've argued a more moderate or conservative viewpoint. 

To be clear, I agree with you, but its ignoring context and how people work and are. I learned this the hard way, where I thought objectivity was more important than context. This election and this era has taught me . . . it isn't. It just isn't, because the world isn't objective. So why would we be? We need to bend things to how they should be when one side is actively doing the opposite, but using the veneer of objectivity to push their agendas. It's insidious. Just my .02 not trying to hate, I respect your opinions as they are often very informed and I learn a lot. :)

Thanks.  I suppose I could have added a bit more snark to my comment, as I wasn't being completely serious.  Sometimes /s is necessary.

10 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Thanks.  I suppose I could have added a bit more snark to my comment, as I wasn't being completely serious.  Sometimes /s is necessary.

No problem, we need more educated moderate and conservative (actual conservative) voices on this board. I've learned a good bit from people like you and sblfilms with sides of an argument I normally wouldn't give credence (same with slug). 

But I worry when logical explanations also acts as implicit endorsement of these people and this administration. I'm sure you see the concern. But you're smart, keep it up brotha. :mhug: