Baldur's Gate III - Information Thread, update: Larian doesn't plan to release DLC/expansions for BGIII nor develop BGIV

I put in 2 hours but already something I didn't want to happen happened.

@Bacon I found Lae'zel trapped in a cage. I got the guys around her to dissappear without fighting. Then I was trying to figure out how to get her out. Before I could do anything it said quest complete and I let her deal with her fate...

She disappeared and I wanted her in my party. Do I get another shot at that?

Just now, Biggie said:

I plan on playing and let shit lay where it falls. I’m not reloading or doing stuff over because to be honest I don’t really give a shit. Just gonna play. 

IMO, that is actually the best mindset to have for these games, instead of fussing over most choices like I do.

• Halal 1

27 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Ok. So with that being said I will not reload to save Lae'zel...

Let the chips fall on maybe less minor things like being Bacon and reloading a save for an hour because you wanted to say a particular thing and perhaps think about reloading your save when you miss out on major characters. :p

Just now, Keyser_Soze said:

Let the chips fall on maybe less minor things like being Bacon and reloading a save for an hour because you wanted to say a particular thing and perhaps think about reloading your save when you miss out on major characters. :p

She's a major ally though. I need all the help I can get in battle. 

Just now, Bacon said:

This never happened because I saved very often. Sometimes at every dialogue choice.

But you run out of save space. That's why I was saving over my previous saves this go around. Be honest, how essential is having Lae'zel in my party?

4 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Be honest, how essential is having Lae'zel in my party?

Nothing is essential. But listen, if you aren't gonna reload for Lae'zel, you might as well reload your previous campaign. The characters I listed before are all Origin characters which means they are special and important to some degree. They are Main Characters in their own right, even more so than a non-Dark Urge custom character.

Edit: And it's fine to write over your save space. I mean, you prolly get like 30 or so saves before they start over writing, which is plenty. If you need to reload from 30 saves ago then I don't know what to tell you. There was only one time I needed to reload back past my 30 quick saves and that was because I killed Halsin not knowing he was required for a quest I wanted to do.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Nothing is essential. But listen, if you aren't gonna reload for Lae'zel, you might as well reload your previous campaign. The characters I listed before are all Origin characters which means they are special and important to some degree. They are Main Characters in their own right, even more so than a non-Dark Urge custom character.

Edit: And it's fine to write over your save space. I mean, you prolly get like 30 or so saves before they start over writing, which is plenty. If you need to reload from 30 saves ago then I don't know what to tell you. There was only one time I needed to reload back past my 30 quick saves and that was because I killed Halsin not knowing he was required for a quest I wanted to do.

Got it. Imma reload for her. I'll save smarter, too. 

9 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Got it. Imma reload for her. I'll save smarter, too. 

Apparently, there are like 30-50 saves you can have total and that total is shared with all characters. While that is absurdly low, considering you can get a bigger SSD (my SSD is smaller than my PS5's SSD), it really shouldn't be too big of an issue in the long run. That said, you'll have to end up totally deleting your old campaign at some point if you already haven't.

For real tho, that save limit is wack. Even with all of my saves it only takes up 7 GB.  A PS5 can handle that load.

Collaborate Lord Of The Rings GIF

6 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Apparently, there are like 30-50 saves you can have total and that total is shared with all characters. While that is absurdly low, considering you can get a bigger SSD (my SSD is smaller than my PS5's SSD), it really shouldn't be too big of an issue in the long run. That said, you'll have to end up totally deleting your old campaign at some point if you already haven't.

For real tho, that save limit is wack. Even with all of my saves it only takes up 7 GB.  A PS5 can handle that load.

Collaborate Lord Of The Rings GIF

I just litteraly deleted my previous campaign saves because I wanted room. I'm about to reload my save now and play. Yea, the saving is lame. Christ Starfield you could have millions of saves. 

9 minutes ago, best3444 said:

@Bacon If I kill Kagha will that shut down the grove?

No, as long as you kill all the Druids and Ensure the Tieflings live.

There are a few things that cause the shutdown, a major one is simply time. If you Long rest too many times(more than 10 I don't know the full number) after encountering the grove, the Druids will complete their ritual and shut down the grove. You also don't have to kill Kagha, I but did because I wanted to. There are a few different ways to prevent the lock down including freeing Halsin and Killing the Goblin Camp leaders before the grove shuts down, but the grove will never shut down for sure if you kill all the druids lol.

Edit: The Tieflings are important and should be saved but killing all the druids changes nothing major. Halsin won't even be upset unless you say you killed them for fun.

• Thanks 1