Baldur's Gate III - Information Thread, update: Larian doesn't plan to release DLC/expansions for BGIII nor develop BGIV

8 minutes ago, best3444 said:

When you say stay in the same area, should I be grinding or doing a side quest? The IGN guide I'm using isn't being very helpful. 

Just do all the side quests and go to all the areas. Act 1 is huge. A guide will not help you because all it will do is have you follow the straight and narrow main quest which is quite shallow. If you aren't doing the side quests you are missing out on the meat of the game.

There are loads of Areas. You, as an infected character, should be following every lead to remove the tadpole from your head. Following every lead takes you all over the map and even below it. There is loads to explore. The only guide you need is a map so you can find everything in Act 1. The only real mistake you can make in Act 1 is leaving for Act 2 early and skipping the loads of content the game has for you.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Just do all the side quests and go to all the areas. Act 1 is huge. A guide will not help you because all it will do is have you follow the straight and narrow main quest which is quite shallow. If you aren't doing the side quests you are missing out on the meat of the game.

There are loads of Areas. You, as an infected character, should be following every lead to remove the tadpole from your head. Following every lead takes you all over the map and even below it. There is loads to explore. The only guide you need is a map so you can find everything in Act 1. The only real mistake you can make in Act 1 is leaving for Act 2 early and skipping the loads of content the game has for you.

Go it, thank you. I'll just explore and speak to everyone. I'm not used to something this complex so I just need to take my time. The characters and voice acting are so good. I actually want to do side quests. 

• Halal 1

Just now, Biggie said:

@best3444 did you win the lottery and didn’t tell us?

No. I had a little money left from my very last paycheck so I made the decision to buy this. Now I cannot buy anything else but it's ok. I'm glad I bought this because it's a lot better than I was anticipating. If you can afford it, I'd buy this right now. 

• Hype 1

Just now, stepee said:

I mean if you are going to buy one game, it makes sense for it to be this one since it’ll last you about as long as 7 or so other games 

I'm just glad I'm enjoying it this much. I love fantasy like this and they nail that here. The combat is exhilarating because every thing you do means so much. The music is beautiful. 

• Hype 1

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

No. I had a little money left from my very last paycheck so I made the decision to buy this. Now I cannot buy anything else but it's ok. I'm glad I bought this because it's a lot better than I was anticipating. If you can afford it, I'd buy this right now. 

No.

Hmm...I'm speaking to everyone around the grove and all they say is to get the fuck outta dodge because of the goblin attack that's coming.

It is a bit strange that I would be too weak to tackle the very first quest that was given to me. I'll keep searching for quests I guess. 

14 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Hmm...I'm speaking to everyone around the grove and all they say is to get the fuck outta dodge because of the goblin attack that's coming.

It is a bit strange that I would be too weak to tackle the very first quest that was given to me. I'll keep searching for quests I guess. 

Maybe try and upgrade your sack

12 minutes ago, best3444 said:

@Bacon 

Reveal hidden contents

Bruh I play RPG’s like real life. Just do whatever and what happens, happens. It’s much more enjoyable than worrying about every little decision. 

3 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Bruh I play RPG’s like real life. Just do whatever and what happens, happens. It’s much more enjoyable than worrying about every little decision. 

No that's not my point. After killing this particular person the main area in the game has become closed off. So I decided to head to the main objective and it told me if I proceed I'd basically die because I'm under leveled. So now I'm stuck lol. 

9 minutes ago, best3444 said:

No that's not my point. After killing this particular person the main area in the game has become closed off. So I decided to head to the main objective and it told me if I proceed I'd basically die because I'm under leveled. So now I'm stuck lol. 

Oof

Your Ball Sack is cooked