65” LG OLED B7P (2017) for $1580 (!!!)

Spork3245

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Refurbished-LG-65-Class-OLED-4K-2160p-HDR-Smart-LED-TV-OLED65B7P/732293936?u1=7fe4ddb2-dafc-4217-9511-a6f052900674&oid=582776.1&wmlspartner=oelFIBIMgTk&sourceid=31677106540482063133&affillinktype=10&veh=aff

Manufacturer Refurbished

Crazy good deal if you’re on the fence about going 4k. This is basically what the 55” goes for and, AFAIK, there’s very little difference between the 2017 B7 and the 2018 C8

PS: Mods, I have no f’n clue where to put this. Maybe “sales/deals” should get its own prefix for the VG board since it’s the most populated? I didn’t want to put this on the Entertainment board since the VG board is more popular and I did not want someone missing this deal.

BTW - This is the same panel/bezel of the B7A (which is $2.3k refurbished) but has the superior sound of the C7A - so, it sits in between the two (same PQ on all 3, the C7 just has a black trim and the aforementioned soundbar attached - they all have the same panel/processor/etc ).

2 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

What condition are these TVs generally in?  I want to buy it as a gift for my brother but I don’t want a dinged up tv

It's refurbed by LG, not used, so it's as good as new. Big difference between used vs refurbished; on a manufacturer refurb, they replace everything/anything that's damaged or not working and also include a mini-warranty. :sun: 

2 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Nice, sending to my brother. I’m tempted to order one as well and move the 55” OLED to the guest room.

What year/model is your 55"? If it's a 2016 model I would say "DO IT" since the anti-burn-in tech on the 2017/2018 is supposedly leaps and bounds better by comparison... though, I'd say "DO IT" if your current is a 2017 too since those 10 inches make a world of difference. :p 

14 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

What year/model is your 55"? If it's a 2016 model I would say "DO IT" since the anti-burn-in tech on the 2017/2018 is supposedly leaps and bounds better by comparison... though, I'd say "DO IT" if your current is a 2017 too since those 10 inches make a world of difference. :p 

It is the 2017, but I definitely want the larger size for the new master suite I’m building out right now.

I just hope the 77” gets down below $5k soon because I hate the 75” Sony LCD I have, pretty much only OK for live sports due to the terrible backlighting.

1 hour ago, mikechorney said:

Always be careful about refurbished TVs.  While some are in perfect condition, others may have cosmetic damage, dead pixels, burn-in, etc.

I have purchased a number of refurbished small appliances, but I wouldn't touch a refurbished TV.

It’s refurbished by LG, the issues you’re mentioning tend to occur with in-house refurbished items (ie: if Walmart tried to fix and resell these themselves). When it’s manufacturer refurbished they completely replace any damaged part of the item (ie: if there’s burn-in then the entire panel is replaced for a new one). I would never buy an in-house refurbished item. :sun: 

14 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

It’s refurbished by LG, the issues you’re mentioning tend to occur with in-house refurbished items (ie: if Walmart tried to fix and resell these themselves). When it’s manufacturer refurbished they completely replace any damaged part of the item (ie: if there’s burn-in then the entire panel is replaced for a new one). I would never buy an in-house refurbished item. :sun: 

Yeah, I always tell people looking at Apple laptops to go the Apple refurb route. Usually a few hundred off the original price and indistinguishable from new.

On 7/11/2018 at 6:04 PM, ManUtdRedDevils said:

What condition are these TVs generally in?  I want to buy it as a gift for my brother but I don’t want a dinged up tv

Ya know you guys who give expensive gifts to people you love...are awesome.

Nothing against any of us who can't do it, but still, just love hearing this.

Looks like it states could’ve been refurbed by LG or another 3rd party refurbish supplier. 

Also, only 90 day warranty. Yikes. 

Can you purchase an extended warranty, like square  on a refurbished product? That would be the only way I would spring for this. 

4 hours ago, atom631 said:

$1750 from beach camera (authorized reseller) via eBay. If you’re not in NJ, no tax. so depending on where you live,  this might only be 40-75 bux more for brand new. 

https://slickdeals.net/share/iphone_app/fp/403879

Just came in to post this :sun: 

6 hours ago, atom631 said:

Looks like it states could’ve been refurbed by LG or another 3rd party refurbish supplier. 

Also, only 90 day warranty. Yikes. 

Can you purchase an extended warranty, like square  on a refurbished product? That would be the only way I would spring for this. 

Original sale is over (the price is up) - when I posted it was all LG refurbished. :/ 

1 hour ago, BuckFly said:

And it is a great gift, at that.

Kindness and generosity are wonderful things.

Regardless of your personal beliefs the story Jesus tells of the poor woman who gave all she had compared to the rich who gave out of their wealth is I think really instructive. A generous heart means the most.