Eight students injured in school shooting in suburban Denver, 2 students are in custody

ok, I’m against giving teachers gun, but can we maybe put a pair of combat marines in each school or something... 

I know that’s completely ridiculous, but fucking Christ. 

I dont get it. My kid hunts, my kid shoots. My kid cannot get his hands on a gun unless I (or my wife or brother or father) am with him. He can’t get in my gun cabinet, he doesn’t know the combination or have the key (mine requires both, like a safe). I trust my son with guns, but I refuse to take any chances. How the fuck are these kids just grabbing guns? It should not be possible. I’m a huge proponent of gun rights, but no gun should ever be accessible to anyone but the owner. Lock your fucking weapons up. If you can afford 10k in guns, you can afford 1000 for a gun safe your fucking kids can’t get into.

also,  isn’t there some fucking law that would let us charge the gun owner for causing death through indifference? If a crime is committed with your guns, and they weren’t locked in a certified case, the owner should be responsible too. I’m fucking sick of seeing kids just be able to pick up a gun whenever they want. I’m all for gun ownership, but it goddamn well better be responsible gun ownership. 

3 hours ago, TheGreatGamble said:

ok, I’m against giving teachers gun, but can we maybe put a pair of combat marines in each school or something... 

I know that’s completely ridiculous, but fucking Christ. 

I dont get it. My kid hunts, my kid shoots. My kid cannot get his hands on a gun unless I (or my wife or brother or father) am with him. He can’t get in my gun cabinet, he doesn’t know the combination or have the key (mine requires both, like a safe). I trust my son with guns, but I refuse to take any chances. How the fuck are these kids just grabbing guns? It should not be possible. I’m a huge proponent of gun rights, but no gun should ever be accessible to anyone but the owner. Lock your fucking weapons up. If you can afford 10k in guns, you can afford 1000 for a gun safe your fucking kids can’t get into.

also,  isn’t there some fucking law that would let us charge the gun owner for causing death through indifference? If a crime is committed with your guns, and they weren’t locked in a certified case, the owner should be responsible too. I’m fucking sick of seeing kids just be able to pick up a gun whenever they want. I’m all for gun ownership, but it goddamn well better be responsible gun ownership. 

SHALL NOT INFRINGE

• Like 1

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/05/11/us/colorado-stem-gunman-bullying-jokes/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F

He would enter the classroom and say, "when the pencil hits the floor I'm going to start shooting." Then, he would spend the rest of class sporadically dropping pencils, Cole said of the suspect.

-

"He would just get really close and kind of hunch himself over your shoulder as you were sitting down, and he would just whisper in your ear 'don't come to school tomorrow' and just kind of crack a smile and walk back to his seat," Cole said.

People would write it off as "that was just a Devon thing" and laugh, Cole said.

-

The alleged gunman would get into fights when people he didn't like made him mad, Cole said. He described an incident in the eighth grade when he said the alleged gunman choked one of his own friends with a rubber tube in the middle of class.
He probably thought it was playful, Cole said, but the friend had to go home that day.

Cole didn't know if there were any consequences to that incident.

"That's how he got his kicks, that's what he thought was funny is if he could get a reaction out of you," Cole said.

It's both a mental health and gun control issue.  Banning weapons seems like it would be as impossible as not feeling the effects of hundreds of years of violence in this country, and improving mental health on a national level will take a lot of time if it's possible at all.  Of all the trash behavior that candidates like Trump and social conservatives are responsible for, their legacy of fermenting ideologies and cultures that normalize gun ownership, emotional repression, and other backwards social norms and laws in the minds of young people who buy what they're selling and then go on to live by that code is ultimately the most damaging.