I've never done jury duty before

SaysWho?

6 minutes ago, Boyle5150 said:

Agreed!  I look forward to it because it makes me feel so much better than everyone else, and morally superior as well. 

Nothing about jury duty makes someone morally superior; it is basic civic service. Or do you think we should be excusing people who refuse to do even the bare minimum?

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Nothing about jury duty makes someone morally superior; it is basic civic service. Or do you think we should be excusing people who refuse to do even the bare minimum?

I hear that's the kind of thing that makes you presidential material. :daydream:

1 hour ago, Chris- said:

I never said anything of the sort.  I was strictly talking about having to spend time in a ghetto.  Somewhere that I don’t blame anyone for not wanting to be.  

Stop accusing people of saying things they never said.  

Btw, I have served twice on a jury, luckily neither have been in a ghetto.  

49 minutes ago, Jason said:

I hear that's the kind of thing that makes you presidential material. :daydream:

What’s funny is that the type of attitude and response towards others for saying as such, is exactly why we have the idiot in chief.  So in a roundabout way, there are two types who are responsible for our current problem... people like Chris who accuse others of saying/implying things they never did, and people like you, who voted third party when ignorance was on the line.  

Actions have consequences.  

Bring it!

8 minutes ago, Jose said:

So the guy calling a neighborhood "the fucking ghetto" isnt the jerk here? Sure thing boss. 

To not acknowledge that there are in fact ghetto neighborhoods of which people feel uncomfortable being in, is called being disingenuous and intellectually dishonest. 

4 minutes ago, Boyle5150 said:

To not acknowledge that there are in fact ghetto neighborhoods of which people feel uncomfortable being in, is called being disingenuous and intellectually dishonest. 

So no issue calling a poor neighborhood a fucking ghetto?

10 minutes ago, Jose said:

You just love being a pedant. I'm out.

No, I love being honest, and not calling people out for shit they never said.  Context and giving people the benefit of the doubt, is far more generous and shows a little more understanding.  

THE HORROR! 

36 minutes ago, Boyle5150 said:

Depends on if it represents one or not.  There are poor neighborhoods and there are poor ghetto neighborhoods. To say otherwise is disingenuous and a lie 

When did I say otherwise? And when did he simply call it a ghetto neighborhood or poor neighborhood? Seems like you were the disingenuous one here.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BasemntDweller2 said:

Look at all my cares ___________________________________________________________________________

Maybe if it wasn't in the fucking ghetto I would possibly go. 

5 hours ago, Chris- said:

Oh no, spending a day in a poor neighborhood. THE HORROR!

1 hour ago, Jose said:

So no issue calling a poor neighborhood a fucking ghetto?

Just now, Jose said:

You're literally trolling buddy. Just because you are a cool guy on GI doesbt make it ok for you to act like this on here.

Oh stop it!  In all seriousness, I’m not going to blame someone for not wanting to serve on jury duty, if they don’t feel comfortable doing so.  In fact, I prefer they didn’t.  

I also think that that people who dismiss jury duty because they are inconvenienced, is also complete shit.  

And finally, 😘

10 hours ago, Boyle5150 said:

What’s funny is that the type of attitude and response towards others for saying as such, is exactly why we have the idiot in chief.  So in a roundabout way, there are two types who are responsible for our current problem... people like Chris who accuse others of saying/implying things they never did, and people like you, who voted third party when ignorance was on the line.  

Actions have consequences.  

Bring it!

Oh christ, one of those "how dare you vote for a third party" fools.... The whole premise is ridiculous. We have a right to vote for whoever we want. If I couldn't vote third party, I would have had to hold my nose and vote for Trump. Asserting that it's the Libertarians fault Hillary lost is absurdist bullshit. She was uninspiring, boring, and fake. Hillary reaped everything she's sewn all her adult life. When Trump was screaming about those 5 black kids cleared of wrongdoing, she was using her husbands platform to talk about Super-Predator children, and it only got crazier from there. She was not and is not a beloved figure like Obama was when he was running, or like her husband was in 92. Or like Reagan. And she lost to Trump of her own arrogance, literally ignoring the part of the country she deemed deplorable, all why celebrating the loss of their coal jobs (yes, I know coal is done, thankfully, but she didn't need to rub it in the face of thousands who spoent their lives supplying the USA's need for energy. 

So no, third parties were not the problem. The democrats choosing Hillary from the outset, and her acting like the presidency was a thing she deserved, rather than needed to win. "It's her turn!"? Shit don't work like that. She's so bad we ended up with Trump.