Pete Davidson's (SNL) Instagram deleted after what amounted to a suicide note

SaysWho?

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/pop-culture-news/pete-davidson-deletes-instagram-after-sharing-dark-post-mental-health-n948391?

"Saturday Night Live" cast member Pete Davidson's Instagram account on Saturday appeared to have been deleted after he allegedly shared a post that suggested he did not "want to be on this earth anymore."

Davidson appeared to have posted on his Instagram account an image of a note in which he wrote that he was "doing my best to stay here for you but i actually don't know how much longer i can last. all i've ever tried to do was help people. just remember i told you so."

"Stan" fans

A stan is a particularly (perhaps excessively) avid fan and supporter of a celebrity, TV show, group, or a film or film series. The object of the stan's affection is often called their "fave". Based on the 2000 song "Stan" by American rapper Eminem,[14] the term has frequently been used to describe artist devotees whose fanaticism matches the severity of the obsessive character in the song. The word has been described as a blend of "stalker" and "fan".[15] A website known as "Stan Wars" or "stanipedia" sprouted up to host discussions and flame wars between rival fanbases.[16]

These stupid celebs need to realize once and for all that having "fans" is not the same thing as having friends..

A fans opinion shouldn't matter or carry weight unless its "valid" criticism of the product they provide

The "actress" Sarah Hyland went off IG cause she talked about a family member passing away and put a link for a Go-Fund-me the family set up to pay funeral expenses... her "fans" and random people alike called her out for not just paying it all herself...She got "upset" because people were insensitive in a private moment of hers..

28 minutes ago, 5timechamp said:

Well the thing is the majority of celebs think like that.. they spend all the time enjoying and showing off the excesses of their lives yet expect normalcy and compassion from a bunch of strangers lol..

Do they? Maybe the younger ones that came of age during the social media age do. The older ones who spend a ton of time and money suing and dodging paparazzi and trying to have somewhat private lives? Not so much.

and I figured the whole "Stan Culture" thing had something to do with the Eminem song... I just didn't think that that would be a label folks would voluntarily adopt for themselves given that the song isn't exactly flattering to "Stans".

10 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

Sarah Hyland is an idiot. 

Yeah, I could see her response being rational if she had posted a link to a charity or something, but a gofundme for a person.... just pay it yourself if it’s that important to you. Or make a public donation on there so people can see that you donated a lot. That’s at least something. 

21 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Do they? Maybe the younger ones that came of age during the social media age do. The older ones who spend a ton of time and money suing and dodging paparazzi and trying to have somewhat private lives? Not so much.

and I figured the whole "Stan Culture" thing had something to do with the Eminem song... I just didn't think that that would be a label folks would voluntarily adopt for themselves given that the song isn't exactly flattering to "Stans".

Yeah I think most of it are these younger celebrities growing up and learning about social media and public opinion. Places like twitter and Instagram are unforgiving because all those people don’t actually care about your feelings. You’re entertainment for a lot of people and that’s it. If I was a manager I would encourage my clients to only use social media for announcements and stuff. And really you can pay people to do that for you. 

1 hour ago, johnny said:

Yeah I think most of it are these younger celebrities growing up and learning about social media and public opinion. Places like twitter and Instagram are unforgiving because all those people don’t actually care about your feelings. You’re entertainment for a lot of people and that’s it. If I was a manager I would encourage my clients to only use social media for announcements and stuff. And really you can pay people to do that for you. 

There's also a lot of people who became celebrities BECAUSE of social media. Casting agents and producers actually take into account how many followers a person has on social media for certain gigs so it's a double edged sword. Social media presence is actually a part of the business now. It pays to keep it in perspective. I recently worked on a project and the hosts have a HUGE social media following which is how they got the gig... they basically look at their social media as them acting for the camera and only share what they want.

Texas Congressman-Elect Dan Crenshaw Reaches Out To ‘SNL’s Pete Davidson

Crenshaw said he talked to Davidson personally and lent an ear to him. “We don’t go back very far, we’re not good friends,” he admitted. “But I think he appreciated hearing from me.”

He told Davidson that everyone had a purpose in this world and that “God put you here for a reason. It’s your job to find that purpose. And you should live that way.” He encouraged Davidson to know his value. “Especially a guy like that,” he added. “He makes people laugh. Sometimes he makes people mad. But he makes people laugh a lot. It was a good conversation.”