Update: RIP in Peace, Anthem

skillzdadirecta

2 minutes ago, atom631 said:

Almost 2hrs in freeplay GM1. Killing all trash mobs and hit about 4 dungeons. 2 MW. That’s it. 

This has been my experience even with like 100% luck, I also get far more Grey's and greens in freeplay than in strongholds, not that anything below MW is worth hanging on to anyways. 

4 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

This has been my experience even with like 100% luck, I also get far more Grey's and greens in freeplay than in strongholds, not that anything below MW is worth hanging on to anyways. 

Though at least purples are worth breaking down for embers to use on consumables. 

Yeah @PaladinSolothat has been my experience with freeplay too. I think JP just hacked his game. 

Me Skillz and ARZ just did some GM2 Free Play.

Did 2 World Events, Killed 2 of the Ash Titans, and cleared 1 Dungeon....

I think Skillz got 2 MW, nothing for me and ARZ.  

I did die and have to respawn so I didnt see my loot from the last Titan... Maybe there was a Legendary in there.

GM2 just aint worth it at all.  Just takes much longer to kill things and the drops just dont seem any bit better than GM1.  

7 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

Me Skillz and ARZ just did some GM2 Free Play.

Did 2 World Events, Killed 2 of the Ash Titans, and cleared 1 Dungeon....

I think Skillz got 2 MW, nothing for me and ARZ.  

I did die and have to respawn so I didnt see my loot from the last Titan... Maybe there was a Legendary in there.

GM2 just aint worth it at all.  Just takes much longer to kill things and the drops just dont seem any bit better than GM1.  

add me in to that crew and we have a full squad!! lets do this. 

@skillzdadirecta add me on xbox. 

I need to play with y’all some time too. Freeplay is definitely more fun and productive with a coordinated group. 

Man, this MW Blastback is a beast with a Storm. You get 200% damage when hovering, and mine has an additional like 157% weapon damage. Plus one of my MW items gives me bonus damage to frozen enemies. 

11 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I need to play with y’all some time too. Freeplay is definitely more fun and productive with a coordinated group. 

Man, this MW Blastback is a beast with a Storm. You get 200% damage when hovering, and mine has an additional like 157% weapon damage. Plus one of my MW items gives me bonus damage to frozen enemies. 

You on Xbox?  Add me! 

Well, the funny thing is that GM2 and especially 3 have massively increased chances to drop MWs and Legendaries, but no one does them because they're too spongey. Ben actually responded to this on Reddit, saying they were afraid of making these modes too easy, but clearly what they did here was not a good solution by any means.

When the enemies are too spongy they need to be MUCH more rewarding otherwise it’s not worth the effort. If certain enemy types or boss encounters on GM3 guaranteed a chance at Legendary with (maybe you get either or based on RMG) 2+ guaranteed MW, I think you’d have more people willing to slam into that difficulty wall. But right now it feels more beneficial to just blow through enemies on GM1 because the drop is comparable and the enemies die faster. 

Some people like slamming into a difficulty all, but they want to feel a sense of reward for doing it. 

Looks like the server-side part of the patch (client side update hasn't hit yet) seems to have dramatically increased good loot drops.

zgkded7so2l21.jpg

People still unsure if it's intentional, but are already telling Bioware it's a thousand times better. And yes, people are seeing more legendaries, too.

That's not a guarantee you will get even a single Masterwork, mind you; bad luck still happens. But folks are reporting lots of runs with no less than 3 MWs, and some with 10+.

They may have corrected too far one way.

Melee is now doing like 9k damage with my Interceptor?  GM1 feels like a joke.

I think thats the point, push people into the higher difficulties once your gear is sufficient, before this a lot of the weapons just didn't do enough damage and there wasn't much reward to go into GM2-3.

Also how the hell do they overlook telling people the taunt also increases damage done to those enemies, i never used it cause it never really seemed to work, but also didn't know it increased damage, lol.

46 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

They may have corrected too far one way.

Melee is now doing like 9k damage with my Interceptor?  GM1 feels like a joke.

Yeah, as was said, everyone stuck to GM1. People only did GM2 as a form of self-torture, and everyone who was in GM3 for longer than 5 minutes may have been put on a government list.

5 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Yeah, as was said, everyone stuck to GM1. People only did GM2 as a form of self-torture, and everyone who was in GM3 for longer than 5 minutes may have been put on a government list.

Yeah i understand that, but now i have no reason to use my guns on Interceptor now

It seems maybe the serverside update was for Strongholds?  It seems like the mobs maybe dropping way more than they used to

Maybe that guy with the 44 Legendary's post made them relook at that.

Yeah i understand that, but now i have no reason to use my guns on Interceptor now

It seems maybe the serverside update was for Strongholds?  It seems like the mobs maybe dropping way more than they used to

Maybe that guy with the 44 Legendary's post made them relook at that.

Depending on my ability loadout, I won’t use weapons on my Storm. Even in GM. Though I have some very powerful MW weapons these days. 

My most desires MW at this point is the MW versionnfor ice blast. That and the charged fire ball ability = God Tier. 

22 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I have been seeing impressions that BioWare May have over corrected on the difficulty. People saying GM3 now feels like GM1. 

I mean with the right build my Melee is doing like 14k per hit, pre patch it was like 2.7k?  

Running Heart of Rage on GM2.... with guys running rather low Power Level Javelins.... 

Lets see how it goes..

After the update my Javelin is a 650 something... my squad are all 400's  

-- So far still not too hard on GM2 even with these under leveled Javs