The NYT's relentless barrage of "Biden’s old" stories is retribution from the owner being pissed Biden won't give them an interview.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2024/04/25/new-york-times-biden-white-house-00154219

“All these Biden people think that the problem is Peter Baker or whatever reporter they’re mad at that day,” one Times journalist said. “It’s A.G. He’s the one who is pissed [that] Biden hasn’t done any interviews and quietly encourages all the tough reporting on his age.”

The Papers of Record™ in the US are just absolute shit. Yeah, they're better than Fox News and they have some good reporters working for them, but the ownership and editorials are sooooooooooooooo elitist it's ridiculous. "Only we can save DEMOCRACY by both-siding every story!"

• Halal 1

28 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

The Papers of Record™ in the US are just absolute shit. Yeah, they're better than Fox News and they have some good reporters working for them, but the ownership and editorials are sooooooooooooooo elitist it's ridiculous. "Only we can save DEMOCRACY by both-siding every story!"

It's not just the both sidsing, it's the indignant "we're not the ones making people concerned about Biden’s age, we're just publishing what people are saying". 

33 minutes ago, Jason said:

It's not just the both sidsing, it's the indignant "we're not the ones making people concerned about Biden’s age, we're just publishing what people are saying". 

For sure. "It's the job of the free press to make all politicians look as bad as possible...in a way that generates the most ad revenue."

So what? They should ignore that people are definitely concerned with Biden’s age? They should be. Trump’s as well, obviously. Americans should be reminded at every turn that these 80 year old men aren’t up to running the most powerful country on Earth. 

The chance either doesn’t even live through the next term is in the double digits. Pretending theres no decline with Biden (again, or Trump) is as disingenuous as the people who are pretending he’s a vegetable. Neither are in a condition that is fit for the most stressful and important job on the planet. 

That doesn’t mean Biden isn’t better than Trump, but it’s pretty weird to see people upset the paper of record isn’t ignoring the obvious. You run for president, you absolutely should be torn down by the press. I’d frankly like to see them be far more adversarial to politicians, not less. All politicians. The WHCD couldn’t have been more disgusting in their slobbering of this administrations knob this year. Where was 2008 Colbert? It’s hilarious hearing people talk about “Decency” after sending billions to Israel to slaughter civilians with! But hey, there’s 1/10th as much for Palestinian aid! It’s fine if we all help Israel bomb civilians as long we bandage those civilians left alive when it’s done! Decency! Fuck you, Colin Jost. There hasn’t been decency in government in my decades of life.  

Hell, I take back Biden being better. They are both monsters. One is participating in Genocide, and the other can’t wait to get back in office to get his chance at a genocide of his own! Its ok when its Israel I guess. You get one free if it was done to you, apparently. 

ok, I’m done ranting for tonight.

• Guillotine 1
  • Confused 1
  • Hugs 1
  • Hype 1

8 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

So what? They should ignore that people are definitely concerned with Biden’s age? They should be. Trump’s as well, obviously. Americans should be reminded at every turn that these 80 year old men aren’t up to running the most powerful country on Earth. 

The chance either doesn’t even live through the next term is in the double digits. Pretending theres no decline with Biden (again, or Trump) is as disingenuous as the people who are pretending he’s a vegetable. Neither are in a condition that is fit for the most stressful and important job on the planet. 

That doesn’t mean Biden isn’t better than Trump, but it’s pretty weird to see people upset the paper of record isn’t ignoring the obvious. You run for president, you absolutely should be torn down by the press. I’d frankly like to see them be far more adversarial to politicians, not less. All politicians. The WHCD couldn’t have been more disgusting in their slobbering of this administrations knob this year. Where was 2008 Colbert? It’s hilarious hearing people talk about “Decency” after sending billions to Israel to slaughter civilians with! But hey, there’s 1/10th as much for Palestinian aid! It’s fine if we all help Israel bomb civilians as long we bandage those civilians left alive when it’s done! Decency! Fuck you, Colin Jost. There hasn’t been decency in government in my decades of life.  

Hell, I take back Biden being better. They are both monsters. One is participating in Genocide, and the other can’t wait to get back in office to get his chance at a genocide of his own! Its ok when its Israel I guess. You get one free if it was done to you, apparently. 

ok, I’m done ranting for tonight.

Dawg its the petty reasoning and asymmetric focus on Biden despite them being within a few years of each other that is the problem. Not thinking Biden is too old. 

• Thanks 1