Lower Decks is canceled after the upcoming season 5

• Jason changed the title to Lower Decks is canceled after the upcoming season 5

I wouldn't say Lower Decks was the best show, but it was certainly the most consistent.

You weren't going to get the next Inner Light or Pale Moonlight with Lower Decks, but you could tune in every week and know you were going to get a good, entertaining episode.

Didn't have to worry about canon shattering plot devices or overambitious season long arcs that only live up to about to 50-75% of their potential. Kind of ironic for what it was, but it was the workhorse of New Trek.

I have been more patient than most with New Trek. I always tried to find the positive. But between this, their baffling refusal to greenlight Legacy, and a Star Trek movie that may literally be the least interested I have ever been in a property that bears the Star Trek name.... it's wearing thin on me.

Season 3 of Picard proved that New Trek doesn't need to be graded on a curve, or made excuses for. It can be as good as any Trek ever made. But, while it doesn't guarentee a good show, step 1 of making a good Trek show is probably for the creators to really understand why Star Trek fans are Star Trek fans and not Star Wars or other generic Sci-fi show fans.