If we're lucky a meteor will kill us first

8 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

It is physically possible to stop climate change, but not humanly possible. The rich (who control everything) simply do not care. They will (mostly) survive societal collapse and don't care who else does.

They might Outlast the majority of us for a few years, but it's highly doubtful they'd make it much further while having even a semblance of their former quality of life.

I think I'll be taking my family to new Zealand. About 4-5 years is what I'd need to get things in order and should avoid most of the mass migration that will come with worsening climate change, and should be sufficient to ride out until our ultimate demise.

2 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

They might Outlast the majority of us for a few years, but it's highly doubtful they'd make it much further while having even a semblance of their former quality of life.

I think I'll be taking my family to new Zealand. About 4-5 years is what I'd need to get things in order and should avoid most of the mass migration that will come with worsening climate change, and should be sufficient to ride out until our ultimate demise.

I take some of this back. Once the pH of the ocean becomes sufficiently low to kill off most algae and other simple organisms that produce most of our oxygen, no human will survive.

12 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

From the article it sounds like they increase surface temperature by .5 degrees immediately surrounding the wind farms, but not the overall temperature of the planet or atmosphere. The surface increases due to more churning with the air a bit higher up.