You know, I bet Starfield's NG+ gimmick would work a lot better in a Souls game.

Xbob42

Think about it, characters often have unclear motives, are difficult to follow even for quests, and often betray the player or each other. What if Patches was good one run but you killed him anyway out of habit?

Maybe they could even do one NG+ where none of them laugh. Like NG+99 or something.

It’s a good idea tbh 

I find starfield incredibly by the numbers in most ways and then like a few really neat surprises, almost all of them with the main plot. Usually the factions are my favorite thing to do in Bethesda’s games, but I would say the main story is probably the most interesting thing to me in this, particularly the early game twist and the late game revelations. 

3 hours ago, Paperclyp said:

Usually the factions are my favorite thing to do in Bethesda’s games, but I would say the main story is probably the most interesting thing to me in this, particularly the early game twist and the late game revelations. 

The Vanguard faction quest is VERY good. I didn't do any faction quests on my first playthrough and just focused on the main story. Second playthrough I started faction quests and was syrprised by how good the Vanguard quest was. So ggo that on this playthrough I'm going to continue to focus purely on exploration and factions. 

17 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

Returnal was a similar concept superficially, but very different what I'm talking about. Because the game is shooty shooty bang bang, everything that changes is essentially a noninteractive cutscene. I think it would be cool in Dark Souls specifically because you interact with characters and their little storylines can play out very differently. And since characters are so vague and almost alien, it would actually feel "normal" for this to happen.

Also think it would be cool to hide some meta (meta as in over the course of multiple NG+ playthroughs) quest line with a character or two.

To me, the concept fell flat on its ass in Starfield because all the characters are so bland that you just don't care about them, so weird things changing each playthrough isn't cool or novel to most players, it's just kind of a wasted idea.

1 hour ago, Xbob42 said:

To me, the concept fell flat on its ass in Starfield because all the characters are so bland that you just don't care about them, so weird things changing each playthrough isn't cool or novel to most players, it's just kind of a wasted idea.

You say that like this is a game that has only two, major child NPCs that also happen to live with you who could not be any more identical.

2 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

You say that like this is a game that has only two, major child NPCs that also happen to live with you who could not be any more identical.

Don't you mean 3??

3p4al9qklbpb1.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

(I know only 2 can be on your ship at once, but it's still hilarious.)

9 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

The Vanguard faction quest is VERY good. I didn't do any faction quests on my first playthrough and just focused on the main story. Second playthrough I started faction quests and was syrprised by how good the Vanguard quest was. So ggo that on this playthrough I'm going to continue to focus purely on exploration and factions. 

Yes, that was my favorite one too. Best part of the game so far. Ryujin was ok too. 

6 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

Don't you mean 3??

3p4al9qklbpb1.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

(I know only 2 can be on your ship at once, but it's still hilarious.)

Stuff like this makes me believe they don't actually have a QA team or they straight ignore them. Nobody noticed that the only two children that can be on your ship or live at the Lodge look exactly the same? Couldn't even be bothered to at least give them different hair cuts? I know there's a mod to give one of them a ponytail, but I couldn't begin to guess which of the two gets it.

• Haha 1