Special Prosecutor Jack Smith appeals directly to SCOTUS for "immediate" ruling on Trump's presidential immunity claim for elections case

16 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

The old guard is dead, but the new guard is so crazy it’s galvanizing both sides for and against them. 

Only now could people like Lauren Boebert and Marjorie Taylor Greene be so crazy that everyone knows who they are.

Congress has always been filled with goobers, them being performative to such an extent in public to be grist for the grift mill is a relatively recent phenomenon. MTG uses her platform to do the equivalent of whining about being banned by namlas. It’s embarrassing when people posted about it on IGN, she’s doing it in fucking Congress. 

The issue is that there’s a plurality / majority in one of our major political parties who simply has no interest in actual governance. It’s not sustainable in even the medium term; I really don’t know how this is going to shake out and I don’t think anyone does, either. 

6 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Congress has always been filled with goobers, them being performative to such an extent in public to be grist for the grift mill is a relatively recent phenomenon. MTG uses her platform to do the equivalent of whining about being banned by namlas. It’s embarrassing when people posted about it on IGN, she’s doing it in fucking Congress. 

The issue is that there’s a plurality / majority in one of our major political parties who simply has no interest in actual governance. It’s not sustainable in even the medium term; I really don’t know how this is going to shake out and I don’t think anyone does, either. 

This post is a personal attack. :|

• Haha 1

This is 100% expected as the DC Circuit Court has fast-tracked the appeals case for the second week of January and will make its ruling immediately which will more than likely include the lifting of the stay on the trial.

SCOTUS was never going to step on the toes of the DC Circuit Court unnecessarily, especially not when it already agreed to expedite.

• True 1