The Last of Us Part II Remastered (PS5 | $10 upgrade path) - "Grounded II: Making The Last of Us Part II" documentary released

SaysWho?

4 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Well I dunno lol but I saw it. They 

Hide contents

Got in the space capsule from the 60’s and talked and shit. Is this #2 or #1? 

Yea that's part 2 lol. You must have played more than you thought. 

2 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Yea that's part 2 lol. You must have played more than you thought. 

I finished #1. How much would you say I played? I think me and the girl were just about to 

Spoiler

Come up on the big girl whose crew killed Joel. 

24 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I wish you weren't startled by these games because it's so freakin good. 

Me too. They really are excellent games. That’s why I love the Uncharted series. Has basically everything the LOU has without the scary shit. 

1 minute ago, Biggie said:

Me too. They really are excellent games. That’s why I love the Uncharted series. Has basically everything the LOU has without the scary shit. 

Shit you should play The Cabin on Quest 3 in mixed reality where the zombies crash into your actual living room irl, will desensitize you to TLOU in comparison!  They are like 360era models at best but them ACTUALLY BEING THERE makes it scary on a whole new level. Scared me more than seeing the clickers irl at the Haunted House at Universal.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I finished #1. How much would you say I played? I think me and the girl were just about to 

Reveal hidden contents

You played roughly 4-5 hours or so. 

6 minutes ago, stepee said:

Shit you should play The Cabin on Quest 3 in mixed reality where the zombies crash into your actual living room irl, will desensitize you to TLOU in comparison!  They are like 360era models at best but them ACTUALLY BEING THERE makes it scary on a whole new level. Scared me more than seeing the clickers irl at the Haunted House at Universal.

No Way Smh GIF by MOODMAN

5 minutes ago, best3444 said:

You played roughly 4-5 hours or so. 

Maybe I should try and push through. I still don’t know the ending. I don’t know how but all this time and I haven’t had it spoiled. 

9 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Maybe I should try and push through. I still don’t know the ending. I don’t know how but all this time and I haven’t had it spoiled. 

I'd definitely try to play through it. If you put the difficulty down those "scary" scenes are really manageable. 

I got to the hospital this morning with Ellie. The amount of shit that happens on your way there is simply remarkable. No game even gets close to this. I have to put this up as probably the greatest overall game I've ever played. It's better than part 1.

1 hour ago, eventide11 said:

In other news water is wet

Well as tough as Biggie acts on here believe it or not he is a scared little girl to play this game. It’s a videogame and not real yet he crys like a baby when a clicker comes out. :|

I'm 14 hours in and love every fuckin second of this. I checked out performance mode vs fidelity and there is a nice resolution downgrade when selecting performance. AND the performance isn't even much better than the 40fps I'm getting on fidelity. 

So yea, it is better looking than the regular ps5 version running at 60fps. 

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

Well as tough as Biggie acts on here believe it or not he is a scared little girl to play this game. It’s a videogame and not real yet he crys like a baby when a clicker comes out. :|

I'm 14 hours in and love every fuckin second of this. I checked out performance mode vs fidelity and there is a nice resolution downgrade when selecting performance. AND the performance isn't even much better than the 40fps I'm getting on fidelity. 

So yea, it is better looking than the regular ps5 version running at 60fps. 

Some people enjoy the sensation of being spooked. I’m not one of them. Doesn’t make me not tough. :shrug:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Biggie said:

Some people enjoy the sensation of being spooked. I’m not one of them. Doesn’t make me not tough. :shrug:

I hate being spooked but I love amazing games. I had a few jump scares in this but I just don't care that it scares me. I am only playing that you aren't "tough". It's not like I actively seek out scary games. 

1 minute ago, best3444 said:

I hate being spooked but I love amazing games. I had a few jump scares in this but I just don't care that it scares me. I am only playing that you aren't "tough". It's not like I actively seek out scary games. 

No doubt it’s an amazing game. Which is why I loved the Uncharted games. Had literally all the mechanics of TLoU but without the weird shit. More like an action movie. 

Just now, Biggie said:

No doubt it’s an amazing game. Which is why I loved the Uncharted games. Had literally all the mechanics of TLoU but without the weird shit. More like an action movie. 

Yea I agree. I really want something completely new from them because whatever it is it's gunna be stunning. 

• True 1

3 minutes ago, eventide11 said:

Meh. It never spooked or scared me etc. Its a well made and polished game but I couldn't get into it. But to each their own

What didn't work for you? I'm genuinely curious because it's pretty remarkable. I can understand no agreeing with the way the story goes but the gameplay is outrageously good.

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

What didn't work for you? I'm genuinely curious because it's pretty remarkable. I can understand no agreeing with the way the story goes but the gameplay is outrageously good.

The gameplay I guess. I like a good story and all but not so much in my face and I didn't really care for how 'episodic' the gameplay was. It was basically just a gateway to the next story arc and I don't really care for that in games. Turn me loose in the world you've created and let me unfold the story on my own terms. I watch the 1,750,348 shows streaming on whatever platform for twisty plots and character development. I like that to be more separated and more or less in the background in games I play

• Halal 1

2 minutes ago, eventide11 said:

The gameplay I guess. I like a good story and all but not so much in my face and I didn't really care for how 'episodic' the gameplay was. It was basically just a gateway to the next story arc and I don't really care for that in games. Turn me loose in the world you've created and let me unfold the story on my own terms. I watch the 1,750,348 shows streaming on whatever platform for that. I like that to be more separated and kindain the background in games I play

Fair enough. So you kinda prefer open world games? I'm about to play Fallout 4 which I never played but I think that's a game kinda like you described. 

1 minute ago, best3444 said:

Fair enough. So you kinda prefer open world games? I'm about to play Fallout 4 which I never played but I think that's a game kinda like you described. 

Fallout 4 is very much like that. And yet, there's a great story in there but there's a metric TON of stuff to do if you want to be spoon fed the story

• Hype 1

3 minutes ago, eventide11 said:

Fallout 4 is very much like that. And yet, there's a great story in there but there's a metric TON of stuff to do if you want to be spoon fed the story

I'm looking forward to it!

5 minutes ago, eventide11 said:

I'm kinda jealous you get to experience it this late. It's a WAAY more polished and better experience than when it released

Plus I'm playing it on my deck modded with better visuals. It should look pretty damn good if Skyrim is any indication. 

I've never found the gameplay in ND games to be particularly compelling. It's solid and I don't really have any complaints, but it's just pretty by the numbers.

With ND, it's all about presentation and story and that's why TLOU series ranks so high for me. The stories and the world just really had an impact on me.

• True 1

10 minutes ago, best3444 said:

The gunplay is really fantastic though. It's brutality is really impressive. 

Man you ain’t lying. When you shoot someone with a shotgun or magnum you feel as though you literally shot someone lol

3 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Man you ain’t lying. When you shoot someone with a shotgun or magnum you feel as though you literally shot someone lol

Exactly. It feels so fuckin good to unleash on someone with a shotgun. The sense of impact is there and limbs fly. 

I specifically like how headshots are a great way to conserve ammo. The gameplay is a step above the competition.