Steam Deck OLED officially announced, update: "A beautiful display upgrade - and so much more" (Digital Foundry review)

Commissar SFLUFAN

Just now, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Maybe I'm dumb, but what do you mean?

So when I swapped my ssd - I wanted to pick right back from where I left off - so I wanted to clone the ssd - I used this: 

WWW.MACRIUM.COM

Macrium Reflect - Incredibly powerful software that allows you to create and schedule effective backups

3 minutes ago, stepee said:

So when I swapped my ssd - I wanted to pick right back from where I left off - so I wanted to clone the ssd - I used this: 

WWW.MACRIUM.COM

Macrium Reflect - Incredibly powerful software that allows you to create and schedule effective backups

Ohhh, it's already done. Husband did it last night( I took over dish duty, which he usually does. :p)

He said he used Clonezilla. I'm really not great with tech, so he handles all that.

• Like 1

Just now, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Ohhh, it's already done. Husband did it last night( I took over dish duty, which he usually does. :p)

He said he used Clonezilla. I'm really not great with tech, so he handles all that.

lol ok just making sure you did something like that!!

14 minutes ago, stepee said:

I do wonder how much Valve thinks it’s okay to make me wait for a response after a pretty bad mistake like this. 

When did you email them? I'd bet they're just confirming the info you sent them and are figuring out a corrective course, but that's just a guess.

Just now, Nokra said:

I've never dealt with them before myself but I recall hearing from others (reddit, here, etc.) that they had good customer service. I bet you'll be taken care of. Sorry it's a pain in the ass now though. :/ 

I always thought heard Valve support was real bad. Would love to be proved wrong though!

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

You want to cap something like last of us to 30fps - or maybe 40fps on the new one - but I can’t remember how you do that - but someone needs to tell Best how to because idk when I get mine 

Hit the '...' button, select the battery icon, hit right, scroll down to "frame limit", select the number you want.

• Like 1

There are lots of adjustments you can make in that menu to adjust your performance -- I don't use them very often, as I "mostly" play indies on my deck.

Although I am playing Spider-Man off and on, as it crashes on my Desktop.

Just now, stepee said:

I think you get to select a frame indicator in that menu too - so you can see how it’s running - I can advise more when I get mine but I think tlou should be set to 30fps

Yes.

• Like 1

Just now, stepee said:

Doesn’t even cyberpunk on low run about 4 hours on it though?

WWW.ROCKPAPERSHOTGUN.COM

Want to know how long the Steam Deck's battery lasts with different games? We've tested over a dozen and are adding mor…

Steam Deck OLED battery life results

Assassin's Creed Mirage - 2h 12m

Horizon Zero Dawn - 2h 15m

Planet of Lana - 3h 40m

Portal 2 - 5h 48m

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 2h 16m