Being a non-parent near a three year old…

stepee

21 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

@Joe

i think a better example of my point is to shift to our desire to end heteronormativity. Little things like vocabulary assist in that, hence why I mostly refer to my fiancé as my partner in social settings/emails etc, being open and unapologetic about relationships that aren’t the culturally “normal” cis gendered heterosexual monogamous coupling and putting it out there for everyone to see. Exposure breeds acceptance, hence why Pride exists but also why those of us who aren’t in those relationship dynamics display what and who we are, other people’s comfort be damned. Wanna annoy a chud, call your female fiancé your partner for example. The fact me and my best friend; a gay woman, are routinely mistaken for a pair-bond when we go out; even in the bay, shows there’s a lot of work to be done still.

breeding is still seen as the default setting and those of us who exist outside of that are routinely seen as abnormal/damaged etc and the fact people still expect specific accommodations for their choices, as seen in this thread, furthers that too. I’d never tell a parent they’ll change their minds about breeding, wonder why I don’t get that. Hell, I’ve been told multiple times I’ll reverse my vasectomy. 

What you get from me is my advocacy for programs and policies opposed to my financial best interests but which benefit parents over me. My property taxes are over 1%, I’ll never personally benefit from the majority of the taxes I pay there but still ok paying them to drive society forward.

Your posts come off as someone that dislikes parents and children. Perhaps not your intent and your ire is only towards those who criticize your perfectly reasonable life choices, but that’s how they come across. 

Even the simple act of calling people who have kids breeders. You know what you’re doing with that word choice.

3 minutes ago, Joe said:

Your posts come off as someone that dislikes parents and children. Perhaps not your intent and your ire is only towards those who criticize your perfectly reasonable life choices, but that’s how they come across. 

Even the simple act of calling people who have kids breeders. You know what you’re doing with that word choice.

100%. Just like how when “breeders” tell me I’ll regret my choice they know what they’re doing.

If I disliked kids how could I possibly volunteer to babysit my niece weekly, legit buy her way too much shit everytime I go there. Me and my gf have already baby proofed her apt for when she gets dropped off with us. I was at the bedside when mom and momma had their first ultrasound for instance. I just honestly can not think of a worse outcome for my life so I sterilized myself.

My ire is not only how I’m treated, but how those like me are and how parents apparently demand I alter my behavior and responses for them but don’t feel the need to do the same.

2 hours ago, Brian said:

I will only address this point since I did engage though I wish I didn’t. Young kids, like my daughter who is 4, want to go with you when you go out. Whether that is shopping, doing yard work, going to a brewery, taking out the garbage or even going to work. You make a decision whether it is appropriate and you lay ground rules that if violated means you go home.  

At the brewery, she draws, watches the phone, pet doggies, dances to the music, and steal sips of beer.  She doesn’t disturb anyone. Most people engage her. She has a lot fun. 

You guys act like kids are mutants that are constantly screaming. She has been on plane for 8 hours multiple times flying to Europe in economy and business class with no issues. As long as we keep her fed and rested, she is a happy go lucky kid. 

I have zero issues with well-behaved children, and even when children misbehave, unless the parent seems negligent I am generally understanding and sympathetic.

You mistake the issue if you think the argument is 'kids are mutants' - they are obviously just kids, even kab said as much. Weird breeder shit aside, the point is that there are comparatively fewer adult-only spaces than there are family-friendly spaces, and in light of that the presumption that childless adults should compromise by default is rather ridiculous. I have no issue with children existing in public spaces - I take issue with parents who think they can take their child anywhere by right. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Biggie said:

Can’t I hold off on the dlc? Will I still get the new update or nah?

Yes, when you download the game the 2.0 version that just released is included. But I highly, highly recommend you buying the dlc. It's extremely long and absolutely incredible. They say it's better than the base game.

2 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

Despite people thinking I’m an ass this is still one of the longest communities I’ve been a part of, I just bought the game, figured I could share my blessings from thor.

I personally find you extremely intelligent and experienced in life. I don't pay attention to the politics and nonsense that goes on in here. I just find you to be a good dude. 

30 minutes ago, Chris- said:

I have zero issues with well-behaved children, and even when children misbehave, unless the parent seems negligent I am generally understanding and sympathetic.

You mistake the issue if you think the argument is 'kids are mutants' - they are obviously just kids, even kab said as much. Weird breeder shit aside, the point is that there are comparatively fewer adult-only spaces than there are family-friendly spaces, and in light of that the presumption that childless adults should compromise by default is rather ridiculous. I have no issue with children existing in public spaces - I take issue with parents who think they can take their child anywhere by right. 

Breeders expect everyone else to accept and accommodate them, as seen in this thread, they feel entitled to not even being made to feel uncomfortable in public for things that make others uncomfortable. My own emotional responses have to be controlled lest they feel bad. Parents do not do that, that’s the difference to me.