Being a non-parent near a three year old…

stepee

4 hours ago, TUFKAK said:

I’d not say hurt, I get why it comes across as such, but I more just put out the energy to parents they routinely give to me. I’m open and unapologetic about my child-free life as it helps to normalize it. My fiancé gets way more hate for her child free life than me Ftr for the simple reason that a woman who doesn’t want kids is still seen as damaged by a wide swath of the community.

I do respect those who have kids, I just won’t apologize or alter my behavior for being annoyed by annoying behavior and it’s not my responsibility to make parents not feel bad in public, especially when I don’t get that same courtesy.

As I said, I adore my niece and am spending so much time at their house now as a result. I’d still not expect others to accommodate me when I fail at soothing her.

If I had a dime for every time someone tried to push me to have kids….

Hell, it happened in this very forum a few years ago. 

I worked with someone new last week and she was asking about my personal life and if I had kids and more than once she made a comment on how I should have them and I’ll change my mind. 

It gets tiresome. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chris- said:

I have zero issues with well-behaved children, and even when children misbehave, unless the parent seems negligent I am generally understanding and sympathetic.

You mistake the issue if you think the argument is 'kids are mutants' - they are obviously just kids, even kab said as much. Weird breeder shit aside, the point is that there are comparatively fewer adult-only spaces than there are family-friendly spaces, and in light of that the presumption that childless adults should compromise by default is rather ridiculous. I have no issue with children existing in public spaces - I take issue with parents who think they can take their child anywhere by right. 

And holy shit, this, this, SO MUCH THIS. 

14 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

If I had a dime for every time someone tried to push me to have kids….

Hell, it happened in this very forum a few years ago. 

I worked with someone new last week and she was asking about my personal life and if I had kids and more than once she made a comment on how I should have them and I’ll change my mind. 

It gets tiresome. 

But we have to not make them feel bad in public cause reasons despite the fact they do this constantly to us.

Last week I had a coworker, who just had her first daughter so I get where she is, ask me about it. Saying I can reverse my vasectomy and it’ll change my life. I shut it down by saying so would getting shot but im not Interested in that either.

Breeders constantly do this and it’s normalized and we just have to deal with it. Hell, said coworker was offended about my response, they demand what they don’t give.

spare me

• Hugs 1

1 minute ago, TUFKAK said:

I’m 100% posting pics of my travels to annoy whoever this butt hurt breeder is though.

as soon as I figure out how 😂

I use imgur - the app makes it pretty reasonable for me to upload a picture here. After you upload on imgur you hold down on the picture and select “copy post link” and then paste that right into d1p and wait a second and it will format it correctly. I type this out just because that specific way of copying it is what I was missing for awhile.

12 minutes ago, stepee said:

I use imgur - the app makes it pretty reasonable for me to upload a picture here. After you upload on imgur you hold down on the picture and select “copy post link” and then paste that right into d1p and wait a second and it will format it correctly. I type this out just because that specific way of copying it is what I was missing for awhile.

zWu31Ct.jpg

Maldives 

you the best @stepee

• Hype 1