Being a parent of a three year old…

gamer.tv

Last night after pre-school we had an awesome time. Played in the garden with our mud kitchen, used our new space hopper, read some stories and had a lovely bedtime. Life is good.

At 3.47 this morning I hear “Daddy, I’ve had my sleep, I want to get up” and at the first suggestion that it’s a bit early to get up goes full on angry/sad three year old, taking a good 25 minute to calm, helping with tidying up and a cuddle and a sorry. 

Tired Good Morning GIF by TRT

This will be me today. 

• Halal 1

33 minutes ago, gamer.tv said:

Last night after pre-school we had an awesome time. Played in the garden with our mud kitchen, used our new space hopper, read some stories and had a lovely bedtime. Life is good.

At 3.47 this morning I hear “Daddy, I’ve had my sleep, I want to get up” and at the first suggestion that it’s a bit early to get up goes full on angry/sad three year old, taking a good 25 minute to calm, helping with tidying up and a cuddle and a sorry. 

Tired Good Morning GIF by TRT

This will be me today. 

My almost 3 year old wanted to sleep in a dining room chair last night, with mommy, and REFUSED to understand how physically impossible that was. Haha

I feel you brother. 

I used to catch my 6yo playing by herself, by the nightlight in her room, with her dolls at like 2 or 3 in the morning back when she was that age. I've since learned she needs to sleep in total darkness to actually stay in bed. Even light coming in under door is enough for her to leave her room and think it's time to start partying.

Luckily my other kids love to sleep. My son would sleep 18 hours a day of I let him. My youngest claims she needs her beauty rest and does not like to be disturbed.