Update: SAG-AFTRA members overwhelmingly (98.32%) vote in favor of strike authorization against the videogame industry

Commissar SFLUFAN

HELL YEAH! :twothumbsup:

Sag-Aftra-Games.jpg?w=1024
DEADLINE.COM

The guild’s national board has voted unanimously to send a strike authorization vote to members in preparation for upcoming bargaining with video game companies.

SAG-AFTRA, which has been on strike against film and scripted TV productions since July 14, is now gearing up for another possible strike – this one against the video game industry. The guild’s last strike against the gaming companies, in 2016-17, lasted 183 days.

The guild’s national board has voted unanimously to send a strike authorization vote to members in preparation of its upcoming bargaining dates with 10 signatory video game companies. Voting for the strike authorization will begin on September 5 and end on September 25.

“Here we go again,” said SAG-AFTRA President Fran Drescher. “Now our Interactive Video Game Agreement is at a stalemate too. Once again we are facing employer greed and disrespect. Once again artificial intelligence is putting our members in jeopardy of reducing their opportunity to work. And once again, SAG-AFTRA is standing up to tyranny on behalf of its members.”

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to SAG-AFTRA preparing for possible strike against videogame industry
  • 4 weeks later...

STRIKE! STRIKE STRIKE!

WWW.HOLLYWOODREPORTER.COM

Members of the performers union voted 98.32 percent in favor of a strike authorization on the Interactive Media Agreement covering video game work.

On Monday, union members voted 98.32 percent in favor of a strike authorization against the video game industry, with 34,687 members casting ballots and representing a percentage of 27.47 percent of eligible voters. While the results do not guarantee a work stoppage will occur, it gives union negotiators the ability to call a strike during ongoing negotiations for a new Interactive Media Agreement if they deem one necessary.

“It’s time for the video game companies to stop playing games and get serious about reaching an agreement on this contract,” said SAG-AFTRA President Fran Drescher. “The result of this vote shows our membership understands the existential nature of these negotiations, and that the time is now for these companies — which are making billions of dollars and paying their CEOs lavishly — to give our performers an agreement that keeps performing in video games as a viable career.”

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Update: SAG-AFTRA members overwhelmingly (98.32%) vote in favor of strike authorization against the videogame industry

Wasn't there that big deal a few years ago where some of the voice actors from (I think) GTA V were pissed that they had no idea they were working on GTA V? So essentially the video game devs would purposefully keep voice actors in the dark about what they were working on (allegedly) because if they knew, they would definitely want more money.

I could have sworn that was a thing...

15 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

Wasn't there that big deal a few years ago where some of the voice actors from (I think) GTA V were pissed that they had no idea they were working on GTA V? So essentially the video game devs would purposefully keep voice actors in the dark about what they were working on (allegedly) because if they knew, they would definitely want more money.

I could have sworn that was a thing...

I also recall something to that effect but I just can't find out the specific details.