My job is kinda depressing when I think about it too hard

Fizzzzle

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Kind of depressing when you think about it too hard.

Do you ever think you would be happier if you didn't know how to read? Like you just exist in your own bubble. The news doesn't affect you, you can't play video games, you can't go down random rabbit holes... It sounds kind of nice.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

Do you ever think you would be happier if you didn't know how to read? Like you just exist in your own bubble. The news doesn't affect you, you can't play video games, you can't go down random rabbit holes... It sounds kind of nice.

I would rather live in isolation than without reading. No TV, no internet, food delivered or grown by myself…I would be OK, so long as I had books and paper to write/draw.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

you can't play video games

Why can't you play video games? most games are voiced, or have some sot of voice assistance. that being said you can parse menus easily through trial and error.

Ever play a game entirely in Japanese, it's like not being able to read but you can figure it out anyway. :p

On 8/14/2023 at 6:09 PM, Brian said:

I’m jealous of people who believe they love their job. I find it hard to believe anyone truly enjoys the grind of work. Getting up to go to work gets worse with each day. When I encounter someone who says “I love my job” it seems so foreign to me. I don’t understand it. 

I don’t LOVE my job, but I also don’t hate my job at all, which is pretty cool. 

3 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I'm not in love with my job, but it's pretty easy these days. A I do like interacting with a lot of my patients. I'm feeling pretty content.

I could never do it myself, but a job like yours where you are truly helping people is one of the few jobs that makes sense to me when people say they enjoy their work. I can get deriving satisfaction from that. Anyyyyyyyyy office job ever? I don’t buy it.

4 minutes ago, stepee said:

I could never do it myself, but a job like yours where you are truly helping people is one of the few jobs that makes sense to me when people say they enjoy their work. I can get deriving satisfaction from that. Anyyyyyyyyy office job ever? I don’t buy it.

Yeah, I do feel productive at least. Some of my patients are complete assholes, but most are good and I enjoy being around them. And I get paid pretty well. I generally always would rather be at home playing games or something, though. :p

• Like 1