Got Dayum

Biggie

13 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Well sometimes it's about the money. But I wish you luck regardless. 

My current job is all about the money and I don’t care for it.  I’ll take a bit of a pay cut to get some closer to home and better work/life balance. This upcoming interview doesn’t seem to be that, but it’s hard to judge a job on one interview. This one will be in person with a bunch of the senior management. 

13 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Remember, money can’t buy you happiness 

Hide contents

But it can buy you a lot of cool other shit :troll:

need that money for the Switch 2, PS5 Pro, Ally ROG 2, and a PC. Shit doesn’t pay for itself. 

• Halal 1

2 hours ago, Brian said:

I got two more interviews on Tuesday before I go on vacation. This will be number #5 for one company and #6 for the other. 

All for different positions, or are they making you do five or six interviews for one position?!

2 hours ago, Nokra said:

All for different positions, or are they making you do five or six interviews for one position?!

One position at two different companies. It feels like companies are more cautious than ever when it comes to hiring. One position I am interviewing for, the last person who was in it got fired due to basically bullshitting their resume.  

• Shocked 1

On 3/8/2024 at 10:40 AM, best3444 said:

Well I have a few weeks then I'm back looking for a job. But trust me, it gets boring. Like it gets difficult to even motivate yourself to play a game lol. 

It definitely depends on the person because I sure as hell don’t miss working at alllllll

13 minutes ago, stepee said:

It definitely depends on the person because I sure as hell don’t miss working at alllllll

I won’t miss it one bit. When you know shit will hit the fan next week, it ruins your weekend. 

• True 1

Well I guess if I had a significant other and maybe a family I'd be enjoying my time off work. But I'm basically in isolation with no vehicle or have anything to do. I eat, sleep, and game. I loved working and then getting rewarded to game. It made it so much more enjoyable. I'm litteraly stuck in a basement. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Well I guess if I had a significant other and maybe a family I'd be enjoying my time off work. But I'm basically in isolation with no vehicle or have anything to do. I eat, sleep, and game. I loved working and then getting rewarded to game. It made it so much more enjoyable. I'm litteraly stuck in a basement. 

Stepee got that bag so he is living that Hunter lifestyle. When I have enough to retire, I will probably find something casual to do as I chill on the beach 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think also that exercise is important if you are no longer working as it can also help give you goals, let you feel like you did some “work” by doing something you doesn’t necessarily like doing, keep you on a schedule of activity, and just generally to make sure you get off your ass and stay healthy.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, stepee said:

I think also that exercise is important if you are no longer working as it can also help give you goals, let you feel like you did some “work” by doing something you doesn’t necessarily like doing, keep you on a schedule of activity, and just generally to make sure you get off your ass and stay healthy.

Oh absolutely. But I'm telling myself that I'm kinda on a vacation so just relax. If I were permanently retired I'd have a different schedule. 

Just now, best3444 said:

I miss socializing and being apart of the world. Trust me being in isolation like this gets old fast. 

It’s like the Vietcong captured you and are holding you prisoner….only you have better food

• True 1

17 minutes ago, best3444 said:

As in I try to pretend I have work to appreciate my time off. Its weird but you have to play mind games at this point. I look forward to re-entering civilization. 

Such a strange thing to struggle with. I’d be enjoying every damn day until I had to return to work.