New Japanese Godzilla Movie

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

If tjis pops up in my area im going to go watch it..

I love how the Japanese Godzilla productions always adapt some of the visual ideas used by the American Godzilla productions (some of the latest ones being godzilla swimming under a ship and the tail lighting up for his beam attack).. I like that they are open to implementing some of those visuals instead of flat out ignoring them as it means everyone adds to the longevity of the character

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/12/2023 at 9:40 AM, CayceG said:

Not a fan of the movement of Godzilla. Too cgi for my tastes. But I'm always happy with Japanese Godzillas, so I'll catch it. 

I'm a fucking idiot. 

I just got done seeing Minus One. This is not only the best Godzilla movie since the original 1954 Gojira. It is also the best movie I've seen all year, beating out Oppenheimer. 

No spoilers here, but the human characters are perfect, compelling, INCREDIBLY distinct, well acted, and really brought out my emotions. The music in this movie is to die for. Lots of great music, including reusing Akira Ifukube's scores. The action and effects are out of this world good. The practicality and realism of everything happening really grounds the movie for me, even if it does surround an overgrown lizard. 

To put it short, this is a perfect movie. The pacing was right where it needed to be. There were moments where I wanted to stand up and cheer. There's also great little easter eggs for nerds like me who love this series. 

Holy hell. I'm still in awe. Perfect 10/10.

Go see Godzilla Minus One while you still can. 

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Halal 1

2 hours ago, CayceG said:

I'm a fucking idiot. 

I just got done seeing Minus One. This is not only the best Godzilla movie since the original 1954 Gojira. It is also the best movie I've seen all year, beating out Oppenheimer. 

No spoilers here, but the human characters are perfect, compelling, INCREDIBLY distinct, well acted, and really brought out my emotions. The music in this movie is to die for. Lots of great music, including reusing Akira Ifukube's scores. The action and effects are out of this world good. The practicality and realism of everything happening really grounds the movie for me, even if it does surround an overgrown lizard. 

To put it short, this is a perfect movie. The pacing was right where it needed to be. There were moments where I wanted to stand up and cheer. There's also great little easter eggs for nerds like me who love this series. 

Holy hell. I'm still in awe. Perfect 10/10.

Go see Godzilla Minus One while you still can. 

It really was good, and the movie is more about the humans than Godzilla, unlike the modern flicks where the humans are there but are misused window dressing 

• 2 months later...

Saw this a few weeks ago and still can't stop thinking about how hard this slapped. So glad I saw this in a theater.

Also how was this made on a 15 million dollar budget? Usually foreign movies have CGI that are a few years behind Hollywood but this one looked better than a lot of Hollywood movies.