Stephen Spielberg has a new boat

Remarkableriots

$250 million superyacht – Even longer than a football field, the diesel-powered 4,444 ton vessel has two swimming pools and, in all possibility, a plush movie theater and a helipad.

superyacht-seven-seas-1170x585.jpg

2 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

Even if I was a billionaire, the thought of owning a giant yacht never sounded appealing.  Everything about it seems like a hassle.

The very least of which is that it would require a crew of like 30 people at the very minimum to run it. Maybe closer to 40.

• True 1

17 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Ever think of doing the mega yacht and/or cruise circuit?

When I was younger. I had a friend who did it for a while. I might still. I'm not sure how it is with yacht crews, but with cruises you're basically looking at working 14 hour days with one day off every 2 weeks for 6-9 months (totally depends on the company), then taking 3-4 months off, rinse and repeat. It sounds pretty grueling to be honest. The payoff is that you basically get 3-4 months to travel every year and you're professionally homeless (that part might not be appealing to some, but it is to me)

1 hour ago, Fizzzzle said:

When I was younger. I had a friend who did it for a while. I might still. I'm not sure how it is with yacht crews, but with cruises you're basically looking at working 14 hour days with one day off every 2 weeks for 6-9 months (totally depends on the company), then taking 3-4 months off, rinse and repeat. It sounds pretty grueling to be honest. The payoff is that you basically get 3-4 months to travel every year and you're professionally homeless (that part might not be appealing to some, but it is to me)

spacer.png