'Leaker' claims Chrono Trigger remake in the works by SE

eventide11

3 hours ago, MarSolo said:

Chrono Cross was weird in that it wanted to be a sequel to Chrono Trigger but then it barely referenced the characters from the game outside of Lucca and Schala.

Because they didn't have time to work in Magus, who was a major character in Radical Dreamers. You know, because the hundred other be characters were important to the narrative.

This is the number one thing that Chrono Cross missed on. What made the cast of CT so great is that each character was unique with their own skills and strengths. Some characters also work better with others and they all had strong ties to the narrative. Tossing all of that for shared spells and a bunch of optional characters was certainly a choice.

8 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

I have no idea what I’d want from a Chrono Trigger Remake. I guess in a perfect world it would be a completely modern overhaul visually and from a gameplay POV, but with the original version as an option from the main menu or something.

So DQ XI S-style swapping between modern and retro graphics? I could get behind that.