Black Mirror Season 6

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Finally watched season 6 - it was pretty good, I enjoyed all five of the episodes overall except for episode 4 (Mazey Day) which was fine but just kind of boring. I think Black Mirror definitely has still got it but one thing I miss is (from what I remember from previous seasons, especially earlier ones) the episodes never felt as straightforward as these ones did. The nature/premise of each episode is quickly easy to figure out/guess and the usual twists and turns went as it seemed they would. In the past figuring out just what the fuck was truly going on in an episode was kind of part of the mystery/the point but these five not so much. Still a solid season, just something I miss/noticed. And I'm glad the show is trying many new things with brighter color palettes and more comedy episodes or genre episodes but the harsh color palettes and brutal storylines were somewhat missed. Maybe should have sprinkled one or two of that kind in here as well. Still, a 7/10 overall for the season. It's been nice lately to see Josh Hartnett in things again (two Guy Ritchie movies, this) and he was great in his episode with Aaron Paul.