GQ: Why Are So Many Guys Obsessed With Master and Commander?

On 3/21/2023 at 6:58 AM, best3444 said:

Never seen it. I despise anything to do with ships etc. Pirates and things like that NEVER turned me on either. Just the entire setting is awful. 

I'm not big into ships either but the movie is fantastic. Give it a shot. If you aren't into it 20 minutes in, then quit.

9 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Where can I watch it?

I just googled master and commander streaming and it said it was free to watch on tubi so I watched it there. Everywhere else you got to pay to watch, it's not even free with a subscription service.

b8405a3982e42fcbdb572709451d47e8.png

• Thanks 1

On 3/21/2023 at 5:58 AM, best3444 said:

Never seen it. I despise anything to do with ships etc. Pirates and things like that NEVER turned me on either. Just the entire setting is awful. 

Then you're missing out on the greatest TV show that ever aired.

Spoiler

ds-serious.gif

• Haha 1
  • True 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/15/2023 at 11:37 AM, Greatoneshere said:

Movie needs a proper 4K release, the bluray video transfer is just okay for a movie this good.

I'm genuinely stunned that a 4K transfer hasn't been done yet considering how amazing this film is, and the massive cult audience it has. A new audio mix isn't necessarily needed, but an Atmos track wouldn't be a bad thing, then again if the audio still holds up, then stick with the original track I suppose. The clarity of the image is where I think a lot of people would be all about it, but then again a slew of new features/interviews would be remarkable as well. Vinegar Syndrome would be perfect for doing this, their box sets have been a gold standard.

• True 1