Hades II - Steam/EGS Early Access coming in Q2 2024, update (04/17): Technical Test signups now live on Steam

Keyser_Soze

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Hades II [Steam/EGS Early Access coming in 2023]
  • 9 months later...
WWW.SUPERGIANTGAMES.COM

Supergiant Games is a small independent game development studio in San Francisco, known for its award-winning titles Hades, Pyre, Transistor, and Bastion.

Early Access Starts Next Year

We now can confirm we're planning for Hades II to launch in Early Access in Q2 2024 on Steam and the Epic Games Store. We'll have more details on the exact date, pricing, and system requirements closer to that time.

Thank you for your patience as we gear up for this launch! You may be wondering, why can't we launch in Early Access, like, right now?! The game looked pretty far along in the first trailer! The reason is, Hades II will have at least as much content from day one in Early Access as the original game did back when it launched in Early Access on Steam. And, even though Early Access inherently means a game is not yet complete, we still want to do everything we can to make sure Hades II is worth your while as soon as you can play it in any capacity.

• Like 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Hades II - Steam/EGS Early Access coming in Q2 2024
  • 6 months later...
WWW.SUPERGIANTGAMES.COM

Supergiant Games is a small independent game development studio in San Francisco, known for its award-winning titles Hades, Pyre, Transistor, and Bastion.

About the Hades II Technical Test
We're conducting the Hades II Technical Test prior to our Early Access launch to help us find and solve any technical issues we might have missed thus far, to ensure anyone who tries Hades II in Early Access can have a smooth play experience from the start. The Technical Test contains much less content than what's in store for the Early Access launch, and may be available only to a relatively small subset of players who express interest in participating.

How to Sign Up
We are using Steam Playtest to run the Hades II Technical Test. If you'd like to be considered for participation, you can sign up right now simply by heading to the Hades II Steam page, and clicking the button marked 'Request Access'.

If you're a content creator, you may also request a key using Keymailer, though please note that due to the nature of the Technical Test, we may not be able to honor all such requests.

Who Gets to Participate
A subset of players who request access will be invited to participate via an email from Steam with download instructions. We expect to start with a small player population, then grow it over time. So, even if you aren't invited to the Technical Test right away, you may still be invited later. Our process boils down to: invite some players, fix any problems they run into, invite more players, and so on. Once we're sufficiently confident that things are stable, we'll wind down the Technical Test, then launch in Early Access on Steam and the Epic Games Store relatively soon after.

As the purpose of the Technical Test is to test the game with a relatively small audience, we may not be able to honor individual requests to participate. We will do our best to conduct the Technical Test as expeditiously as possible, then launch in Early Access, at which point the game will be available for anyone to purchase and play.

Technical Test Duration
The nature of the Test is such that we don't know exactly how long it will last, though our estimate is longer than a week, shorter than a month. We likewise don't know exactly when we will launch Hades II in Early Access, since that will depend on how long we end up having to run the Technical Test for.

Technical Test System Requirements
Here are the minimum system requirements for the Technical Test:

Processor: Dual Core 2.4 Ghz
Memory: 4GB RAM
Graphics: 2GB VRAM / DirectX 12+ support

Technical Test Contents
The Technical Test contains the first major area of the game, and other early-game characters, systems, and content. (If you played the original game, imagine a version where you couldn't get past Tartarus even if you vanquished its guardian.) If you end up clearing the first major area a number of times, the game will gently suggest that you discontinue play, as Early Access shouldn't be far behind!

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Hades II - Steam/EGS Early Access coming in Q2 2024, update (04/17): Technical Test signups now live on Steam
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

A few hours with the sequel's technical test left me hungry for more.

Surprise! Hades 2 is finally here and playable. Supergiant's hack-and-slash, flirt-with-gods roguelike is a brief technical test away from its Steam early access debut. I've slashed my way through its opening area and first boss and now I need more. Even though it's clearly in an unfinished state, it's good. Like, really good.

A small part of me was a little hesitant to see Supergiant do its first direct sequel. Every game since 2011's Bastion has taken us to completely different worlds with new approaches to combat. I wasn't even a huge fan of Pyre, but I respect any game that is brave enough to mix strategic action with sports game elements à la NBA Jam. Bastion was my favorite until Hades grabbed that torch and brought it into the realm of a roguelike action game wrapped in a story about a family of Greek gods and goddesses.

After playing a few hours of Hades 2, that small part of me has been proven wrong. The world absolutely needed another Hades, and Supergiant is already pushing the first game's satisfying loop even further than before.

Developer Supergiant Games just dropped three hours of gameplay footage ahead of Hades 2, and that's all it's taken to put the beloved roguelike's entire community in horny jail.

The huge Hades 2 gameplay stream showed off new features, Boons, and a whole lot more, but as ever, the cast and character art got some special attention from fans - fans who are now down very bad. It started early, when we got a look at Hecate, Witch of the Crossroads, who's clad head-to-toe in flowing robes save for an exposed midriff showcasing the kind of abs you could grate cheese on. The fact that Hecate is voiced by Amelia Tyler, best known as the narrator in Baldur's Gate 3, is just icing on the cake. 

WWW.GAMESRADAR.COM

Hands-on| Even at this early stage, Hades 2 is ready to improve on its predecessor

Something new happened to me when I started to play Hades 2. From a janky beginning, I could feel the muscle memory returning to my fingers with every trepidatious step I took through the highly anticipated sequel to one of the best roguelikes in recent memory. And while the first Hades 2 technical test demonstrates that there's more than enough here to justify a full-fledged sequel from developer Supergiant Games, the footsteps of new protagonist Melinoë fit firmly within those of her predecessor, Zagreus.

Unfortunately, Zagreus is nowhere to be found. Melinoë's older brother is missing, along with her mother, Persephone, and father Hades. Their place in Hades' halls has been taken up by the Titan Chronos, and with the help of Hecate, goddess of magic, Melinoë plans to take it back. Although that may be easier said than done.Trained by Hecate almost from birth, it's clear that this new protagonist has the skills, but not necessarily the confidence, to take on the Titan of Time. 

Melinoë's movements and attacks are clearly styled very closely after Zagreus, the same feeling of nipping at the heels of enemies is here – the cycle of dashing in and out to harry foes with a quick barrage of blows before getting out of harm's way is firmly built in to the structure of Hades 2. I've not played much of the original Hades since its full release in 2020, but the gentle feeling of familiarity that overcame me as I got to grips with Melinoë was extremely comforting.