"Naked Gun" is being rebooted and the new Frank Drebin is....Liam Neeson

On 10/13/2022 at 5:48 PM, heydude93 said:

Eh thinking on it, it's probably destined be cringe based on the casting choice alone honestly.  Spoof movies always hold up terribly, especially when they're starring actors not known for comedic roles at the time.  Remember Loaded Weapon 1?  Is this still fun?  Idk man

I didn't realize how old this thread was, but I enjoyed those clips. I haven't seen any spoof movies in a long arse time. It actually gives me some hope for this project.

Between his bit on Extras and his cameo in Ted, I could Neeson pulling off something kind of fun. I just don't know about filling a feature length film, though.

18 minutes ago, Derek said:

I didn't realize how old this thread was, but I enjoyed those clips. I haven't seen any spoof movies in a long arse time. It actually gives me some hope for this project.

Between his bit on Extras and his cameo in Ted, I could Neeson pulling off something kind of fun. I just don't know about filling a feature length film, though.

Liam Neeson was also goofing off a lot in The A-Team and Seth MacFarlane's A Million Ways to Die in the West for more recent live-action comedy work.

3 hours ago, legend said:

Also thought this was worth sharing

the end credit scene is the icing on the cake

33 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I don't doubt that this could work, but I do doubt they will be able to have the same laughs-per-minute of the original. I honestly don't think modern comedy writers have the chops to do what Zucker, Abrahams and Zucker did over the great 70s/80s films. 

They worked well because they could still get away with random stereotypical shit in the movie without offending people. Probably can’t do that as much anymore without real backlash from one side or another. I long for the return of the Airplane, Naked Gun and classic Mel Brook’s zaniness in a movie. Offend someone and then offend another, let everyone get their licks in and laugh about it once again. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ort said:

I like when a thread like this pops up and I completely forgot it ever existed and I'm going through it reading, sorta formulating in my head what I'm going to add as I read down... and then BOOM, I scroll past my own post, that I don't even remember making and it already basically says what I wanted to say... good times...

And then people remind you of old posts, so I'll take this as an excuse to post more Angie Tribeca clips.

• 1 month later...