Commenting on Youtube Videos

SoberChef

Just curious, for those that frequent Youtube, aside from giving a thumbs up/down (which I do almost every video I watch but only with thumbs up, otherwise I just don't click), I was wondering who else posts a comment on there & typically what is your tone or whatever when doing so?

Personally, I only comment when its a video of merit that was uplifting, or made me feel good, or had something funny in it for instance wherein I can post a positive comment on there. I do this because I just feel that there is so much negativity in the world that any little sprinkle or nugget of hopeful optimistic genuine niceness I can put out in the world, hopefully will bear fruit to spread around more.

*EDIT* Yes, I'm aware of how snarky I can be on here depending on the topic or what have you, but this is a message board with opinions and it's not Youtube :cheers:

I usually only comment on a youtube video if I feel like I can add something that wasn't in the video. Or, on rare occasions, if I just want to say "great video" or something thereabouts. Very rarely will I ever engage with someone who's being a twat, or just trash a video for being wrong. Those are generally dead end avenues and not worth the energy.

• True 1

I'm more of a "mock people that post stupid shit on these short videos on tiktok / facebook  / instagram" kinda guy myself. 

Oh hey you are a stay at home mom that cooks and cleans...good for you...people that work do that shit too and also go to work.

Oh hey you got made fun of in high school and now you work out...good for you...everyone was made fun of in high school...why are you still talking about it years later?

• True 1