LTTP: Bojack Horseman is amazing. Also, S5 will be available on Friday 9/14!

Spork3245

I just watched the show for the first time about a week ago. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD! It's rare that a show truly makes me laugh out loud constantly and consistently. The dark episodes are dark and the storytelling is phenomenal. I saw the S4 twist coming about 2-3 eps into the season, but that didn't stop the season from being fantastic and the best yet. I can hardly wait until Friday for S5!!!! :sun: 

I'm through episode 8 and so far while still a great show it is not hitting the highs that season 2 and 3 did. I'm not a fan of the high concept episodes like episode 6 this season or the underwater episode from season 3 which I know most people love but to me these episodes come off as a bit to try hard.

Episode 7 has easily been the best one so far.

finished it up tonight, episode 11 didn't break me as they traditionally do but it did have what might be the best animal pun they have done to date with the stingray. 

Overall for the season

right amount of Bojack, this is probably the hardest part of the series to pull off, trying to get enough of him without it being overbearing

I enjoy that Todd's whacky antics are straight up a meta part of the world now and everyone knows how absurd they are

Pickles was a fun new character

dislikes

not enough Princess Caroline

simultaneously not enough crippling depressing moments or laughs, I think this might have been the least funny season so far

season rankings 

2, 3, 4, 5, 1

episode 7 was easily the best one of the season for me

28 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

I haven't finished the season yet, but part way through and I think Bojack may be the best thing on TV.

I'm sure it was divisive, but "Free Churro" is an astounding piece of writing and vocal performance. I had to re-watch it almost immediately. 

That was definitely my fav for S5...

Spoiler

especially the almost singular punchline it built towards :rofl: 

I just finished the season. Great season of TV, but not as good as seasons 2 thru 4. Definitely better than season 1, and a few episodes like "Free Churro" can stand amongst the best of them. While less emotionally gut-wrenching and less funny than previous seasons, it is still better than most everything else on TV, so it's still a win-win.