Rockstar Games Cleaned Up Its Frat-Boy Culture — and Grand Theft Auto, Too (Schreier/Bloomberg), GTA VI set in Vice City, features playable Latina protagonist

But what if the culture the company had made the games so good? It's a double edged sword and a gamble to change things up but I understand it was necessary. These games being 'woke' and 'pc' isn't necessarily a good thing. Rockstar has always excelled at pushing the envelope in sensitive areas 

8 hours ago, eventide11 said:

But what if the culture the company had made the games so good? It's a double edged sword and a gamble to change things up but I understand it was necessary. These games being 'woke' and 'pc' isn't necessarily a good thing. Rockstar has always excelled at pushing the envelope in sensitive areas 

The game isn't out and it's being called woke for having a female minority in it? 

The fuck?

• Hugs 1

15 hours ago, eventide11 said:

3Q0dGGu.gif

8 hours ago, Ominous said:

The game isn't out and it's being called woke for having a female minority in it? 

The fuck?

They're annoyed about the game being PC and people are too sensitive but also sensitive about there maybe being a woman you can't sex-up in the game. 

10 hours ago, Ominous said:

The fuck?

I'm talking about the previous games in the series. I don't care if it has a female protagonist in it. I hope it does. Im saying they always pushed the envelope in sensitive areas in their games in the past and I don't think the climate can handle that nowadays. Has ZERO to do with whoever the protagonist is. It's everything surrounding them 

2 hours ago, eventide11 said:

I'm talking about the previous games in the series. I don't care if it has a female protagonist in it. I hope it does. Im saying they always pushed the envelope in sensitive areas in their games in the past and I don't think the climate can handle that nowadays. Has ZERO to do with whoever the protagonist is. It's everything surrounding them 

5 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

3Q0dGGu.gif

3 hours ago, eventide11 said:

Sure it can.  Is there anything you can give an example of not flying today? 

You can push the envelope without offending people, that's where smart writing comes in. The question is does Rockstar have the tact to pull it off.

For instance, I wonder if they will rename the Faggio. Even though it is not pronounced how it appears, jokes like that seem old hat these days.