Steam Summer Sale 2022 Starts on June 23

Keyser_Soze

38 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

Augmented Steam (Chrome extension) has an instant sell button, for 1 cent less than the lowest listing.  You'll still have to use the mobile app to confirm some of them most likely.  But it's not that much work.

It all adds up.  I idle games when I use my computer for other things, and come away with at least $10 in credit to spend each major sale.  Though I seldom list at an 'instant sell' price.  You can also attempt to game the market in other ways, but it takes more work.

Maybe I’ll try that one and give it a go again sometime just to clean out the damn thing!

Also I missed batman for $5 because the sale was over by lunch so I checked cd keys and it was $3.60 lol. Then I checked for terminator since the Robocop trailer reminded me I wanted to play that, and that was $16 which is finally a price I could bite on.

I feel like I’ve gone crazy buying stuff since the steam deck, but compared to other new systems at launch I probably only spent the price of like 3 games.

8 hours ago, dualhunter said:

Yeah, when they first introduced cards I sold the extra but you get so little that I can't be bothered. Again, except for when they were introduced I haven't bothered with gems either though maybe it's worth revisiting even though you get less that way.

Yeah sale cards don't go for much these days even before they're about to expire. I think they hold better gem value and in the past few sales I've crafted them into gems instead. Theoretically if you were a card seller you could get a booster pack worth more than the sale cards.

41 minutes ago, Brick said:

I really don't even pay attention to what the cards and gems are used for.

10 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

Wallet credit for free games.

Crafting badges for emotes, profile backgrounds and friend list upgrades! Gems for booster packs for other badges.

Also the higher the steam level the more chance for random booster card drops!

Also explained in this video

25 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Crafting badges for emotes, profile backgrounds and friend list upgrades! Gems for booster packs for other badges.

Also the higher the steam level the more chance for random booster card drops!

I've gotten hundreds of dollars worth of free Steam games on Valve's storefront over the years.  I did it by avoiding exactly what you're on about here.

Leveling up your steam account is particularly pointless if you're in it for wallet credit.  Booster pack drops are stupidly rare, and the increased odds you get every 10 levels are marginal.  It's a money pit.

11 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

I've gotten hundreds of dollars worth of free Steam games on Valve's storefront over the years.  I did it by avoiding exactly what you're on about here.

Leveling up your steam account is particularly pointless if you're in it for wallet credit.  Booster pack drops are stupidly rare, and the increased odds you get every 10 levels are marginal.  It's a money pit.

unimpressed morgan freeman GIF

8 minutes ago, Brick said:

I don't care about emoticons or profile stuff, but if it can get me discounts on games, I'm listening. 

You have to sell the cards on the steam marketplace and they go for like 3 cents pop.

If you trade me for the ones I don't have then you lose nothing because you're getting an equal amount back.

6 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

You have to sell the cards on the steam marketplace and they go for like 3 cents pop.

If you trade me for the ones I don't have then you lose nothing because you're getting an equal amount back.

6 hours ago, Brick said:

I don't care about emoticons or profile stuff, but if it can get me discounts on games, I'm listening. 

You get at least 3 cards per game.  Even going by Keyser’s math (most cards are worth more), that’s $16 in wallet credit every 6 months if you can idle one game per day.  Get a foil card drop and it’d be even more.

If you don’t have a sizable Steam library, you could also play the market to generate returns on top of that.  It’s possible, but takes more effort/risk, and earns you about the same daily if you play it safe.  

This all used to be the only game in town to score free PC games.  Nowadays, there’s many more options, and bigger discounts elsewhere.  So its not like you get so much more if you do it.

1 hour ago, crispy4000 said:

You get at least 3 cards per game.  Even going by Keyser’s math (most cards are worth more), that’s $16 in wallet credit every 6 months if you can idle one game per day.  Get a foil card drop and it’d be even more.

I am ONLY referring to the summer cards which is why I mentioned him and wanted to trade him for.

FIRST TIME a Steam Summer Sale came and went and I bought absolutely NOTHING!! This may be an easy task for the common person, but to me this is pretty much AMAZING! I'm so glad my Steam Deck wasn't in my hands {Got email yesterday} when this sale was going on, as I have zero control buying games ESPECIALLY for a BRAND new piece of Tech/hardware!

Like the PS5. Took awhile to run into one online at retail mostly because I only checked Best Buy and Amazon and a few times a week at that. After getting it though I bought a 2Tb M.2 SSD, new plates, an extra controller, fancy charging dock and all 9 of the biggest games so far in my opinion except Horizon: FW. Did save a bit buying used but perfect condition games through eBay at 40-45$ each.

Now that I think about it, it was probably best to have splurged wildly during the sale, as when the SD gets here I'm most likely going to buy a new pile of games that could've been in the sale in the first place. Ahhh Shit, the Woah that is me . . .

On 7/7/2022 at 8:38 PM, Brick said:

I really don't even pay attention to what the cards and gems are used for.

On 7/8/2022 at 7:33 AM, Brick said:

I can trade if you want. 

I have no idea what there even for, or gems. Whats trade worth?