Dragon Age: Absolution [Coming to Netflix December 9 2022]

• Keyser_Soze changed the title to Dragon Age: Absolution [Coming to Netflix December 9 2022]
  • 5 weeks later...

I watched the first episode tonight and I liked it. Pretty well written and well acted with some decent action sequences. I LOVE the world and lore of thie series and really appreciate spending more time here. The show seems to take place after Inquisition as there are several references to the events from that game and at least ONE of the characters from that game makes an appearance. Also I'm guessing that the next game will at least spend SOME time in the foreign nation of Tervinter which is ruled by mages, given the setting of this series. I'm digging it.

• Halal 1

6 hours ago, Massdriver said:

How's the pacing? With so few episodes, it may end up feeling rushed.

I only watched one episode but it felt fine. 

6 hours ago, legend said:

My wife and I watched the first episode and weren't very excited by it. It felt like they wanted us to empathize immediately with these characters, but were given no reason to. It felt like a series of events.

I thought it did good job of introducing the characters to us, setting up the various relationships and subverting expectations with the "twist" at the end of the episode. It accomplished all of that without being overly expository and just kind of drops us in to these characters lives without treating it as a "pilot" episode. I'll probably finish it over the next day or so.

2 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I thought it did good job of introducing the characters to us, setting up the various relationships and subverting expectations with the "twist" at the end of the episode. It accomplished all of that without being overly expository and just kind of drops us in to these characters lives without treating it as a "pilot" episode. I'll probably finish it over the next day or so.

Agreed

They treat it like a short story. The writers assume you either know the lore/world or at least familiar enough with something close to it that they don't have to bog down the series with a in depth back story. They also give you snippets of the larger world through conversations or brief flashbacks. I burned through all the episodes in day , a big reason for this was not having to trudge through several episodes of bullshit to get to the good stuff.

• Halal 1

• 2 weeks later...