Things you remember, but don't remember the name of.

CastletonSnob

On 5/23/2022 at 11:09 PM, Keyser_Soze said:

Yeah it was the show where there was a guy and something happened and then a thing happened with another guy.

That sounds like the homemade movie that we shot at summer camp, back in the late 90s, with the camp counselors. 

• Haha 1

There's been a book that I read in middle school that I've been trying to think of for the last 15 years, I've never been able to find it. It's some obscure book that would only be found in an Oregon library. I've tried Reddit numerous times, I've tried Google, I've tried Facebook.

I don't even remember if the book was good or not. I just remember some plot details. But not enough to help.

15 hours ago, Slug said:

I wanna know the plot details. 

Family is traveling to Oregon on the Oregon trail, parents were killed by dysentery or something. Older brother is taking care of the younger ones. They had an older-older brother who left or god kidnapped by Indians years before and/or lived as a trapper, I don't remember. The story is about the two brothers learning to live together in a new world, one who came from "civilized" society, the other who comes from the wild.

I read the book once when I was like 13. It stuck with me for some reason, but I've never been able to find it again. I don't remember the title or the author.

15 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

Family is traveling to Oregon on the Oregon trail, parents were killed by dysentery or something. Older brother is taking care of the younger ones. They had an older-older brother who left or god kidnapped by Indians years before and/or lived as a trapper, I don't remember. The story is about the two brothers learning to live together in a new world, one who came from "civilized" society, the other who comes from the wild.

I read the book once when I was like 13. It stuck with me for some reason, but I've never been able to find it again. I don't remember the title or the author.

If it wasn't for the "older-older brother" part it almost sounds like one of the many retellings of the story of the Sager children.  I'm going to dig around.  If you can recall any other details let me know.

8 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

Sounds like it could be. It was either that or something that ripped off a lot of the same plot elements.

DM me your address and I'll send you a copy and you can let me know if we found it.

• Like 1

On 5/27/2022 at 1:51 AM, Slug said:

If it wasn't for the "older-older brother" part it almost sounds like one of the many retellings of the story of the Sager children.  I'm going to dig around.  If you can recall any other details let me know.

That was the first thing that came to my mind too. I had to read Seven Alone in elementary school.