Sciatica

TheLeon

If you Google "lying glute stretch" it's something to keep in mind. I don't necessarily know if it will help now if you are in a lot of pain, but I had sciatica pain in the past I feel like this stretch in particular really helped. I try to do them everyday and I haven't had sciatica pain or lower back pain for a long time now. 

Foam roller and softball, put on the floor and lay on it/roll to apply pressure. 

Roll your glues and hips as well. You'll feel a massive release of pain. Use the roller for broad pressure and softball for pinpoint areas. Lay on your side and roll the sides of your legs as well, you may need a pillow for support if you lack upper body strength. 

If you're new use a regular foam, if you're not getting as much out if it you might need to upgrade to a Trigger Point roller.

Get something wide enough you can roll both legs on. The half size ones can be annoying unless you're using it for travel.

05-63247_RESTORE-MUSCLE-THERAPY-FOAM-ROL

Foam material in a small roller.

98409264-7b02-4383-b682-288d5c5562d2?siz

Full size 

81+vsqACYpL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Travel size, you won't be able to lay with both legs on this. 

This is what I use, and yes it fucking hurts... So good 

RROLLER-WEB4_a1g4cz.png

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I don't know if it was the new bed I got last week, the upgrading to a more heavy duty foam roller, that I took a week off from work, or maybe just the fact that I've had it for over a month, but my pain has finally gone away. Well, mostly. I'm pretty sore first thing in the morning, and I get a bit of a tingle in my leg when I drive, but I'm basically back to 100%. That was fucking annoying. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

Well, I don't know if it was the new bed I got last week, the upgrading to a more heavy duty foam roller, that I took a week off from work, or maybe just the fact that I've had it for over a month, but my pain has finally gone away. Well, mostly. I'm pretty sore first thing in the morning, and I get a bit of a tingle in my leg when I drive, but I'm basically back to 100%. That was fucking annoying. 

Just keep rolling and stretching. Especially if you're feeling off. 

I lead a pretty busy life between work, house stuff, and kids. I've been dealing with random elbow and knee pain every few days. Off and on for the last 2 months. It dawned on me about a week ago how little water I had been drinking everyday. Maybe it was the weather, but I'm just never thirsty. The last week I made sure hydration was a big part of my routine along with stretching my whole body. And holy shit I can already feel a huge difference. 

Tldr: hydrate and stretch EVERY day. It will keep the pain away. 

2 hours ago, DarkStar189 said:

I lead a pretty busy life between work, house stuff, and kids. I've been dealing with random elbow and knee pain every few days. Off and on for the last 2 months. It dawned on me about a week ago how little water I had been drinking everyday. Maybe it was the weather, but I'm just never thirsty. The last week I made sure hydration was a big part of my routine along with stretching my whole body. And holy shit I can already feel a huge difference. 

Tldr: hydrate and stretch EVERY day. It will keep the pain away. 

Solid advice. The amount of good you can do yourself by eating well, drinking lots and taking care of your physical and mental health is silly. 

Oh man, if I’m consistent with any healthy habit, it’s staying hydrated. I always have water within reach. I consistently drink about a gallon a day. Now the eating, that’s still a problem. I’ll have weeks where I’m doing well, minimal sugar, plenty of greens, all that good stuff. But instead of cheat days, I have cheat months. :lol:

• Sicko 1

5 hours ago, TheLeon said:

Oh man, if I’m consistent with any healthy habit, it’s staying hydrated. I always have water within reach. I consistently drink about a gallon a day. Now the eating, that’s still a problem. I’ll have weeks where I’m doing well, minimal sugar, plenty of greens, all that good stuff. But instead of cheat days, I have cheat months. :lol:

Some days I was drinking maybe the equivalent of three 16oz bottles of water :s 

I also go through "cheat months". Coming off one now lol. 

In the days of my youth when all I did was go to school, go out and get drunk and go to the gym, I used to enjoy a timed window of about 2 hours as a ‘cheat window’. On reflection, it’s just controlled binge eating, but it made the days of boring good and shakes tolerable.