In TOTALLY surprising news, Rob Liefeld to launch his new comic series "The Defiants" as...wait for it...an NFT

defiants-hero-piece-preview-Hx-2022.jpg?
WWW.HOLLYWOODREPORTER.COM

The 'Deadpool' writer and artist plans the book to be one of four titles in a new universe.

Once again, the comics industry is in flux, and a number of creators are dabbling in a new medium, non-fungible tokens. On Jan. 20, Liefeld will become the latest creator to dive into the world of NFTs with the launch of the new superhero comic The Defiants, which will be available via MakersPlace.

“Since I was first tasked with creating all-new worlds and legacies for Marvel Comics, I have desired to use publishing platforms to push the distribution of fresh concepts and characters,” said Liefeld, who is known for Deadpool, Cable and X-Force. “Now, three decades later, in conjunction with MakersPlace, I’m utilizing the platform of NFTs to launch a new world filled with exciting new faces and legacies.”

Will the drawing of feet be an entirely separate NFT?  Does each pouch get its own NFT?

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to In TOTALLY surprising news, Rob Liefeld to launch his new comic series "The Defiants" as...wait for it...an NFT