Fallout (Amazon Prime) - more than 65 million viewers since in the 16 days since debut

6 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Only question I have is how did Moldaver

Yeah, it was one of the few reasons I gave the show a 9/10 instead of a 10/10. I am almost positive it will be explained in Season 2, but I hate how hard it is ignored as if we aren't supposed to think about it.

Spoiler

I'm hoping for Synth or Clone. I really hope she wasn't just frozen as well.

40 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Yeah, it was one of the few reasons I gave the show a 9/10 instead of a 10/10. I am almost positive it will be explained in Season 2, but I hate how hard it is ignored as if we aren't supposed to think about it.

Hide contents

I might lean on the side of

Spoiler

Clone
Since she was worshiped by other people and didn't seem to mind dying at the end. :p

7 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Finished it.

On the last episode they said the thing!

Leonardo Dicaprio Reaction GIF by Once Upon A Time In Hollywood

Only question I have is how did Moldaver

Reveal hidden contents

It definitely wasn't explained.

1 hour ago, Bacon said:

Reveal hidden contents

Bethesda doesn't seem to be terribly precious about the lore in their franchises, but that said...

Spoiler

I dunno how much sense a synth would make given the timing of this and it being on the other side of the country from The Institute. And I can't remember if there's established reproductive cloning that works without the clones going insane?

As long as it isn't icepop or time travel, I'll prolly be ok with whatever the answer is. Icepop isn't THAT bad, I just hate when they use the same excuse. Feels lazy.

Finished it last night.  I thought it was 10 episodes for some reason and I was pumped to see where it was going only for it to end.  I liked that they stuck with the more tongue in cheek style of fallout instead of trying to make it more prestige television like TloU or something in that style.  I especially liked the brotherhood being kind of fuck ups.  Way too often the fascist groups in these are played up as super competent and unstoppable and only lose by the grit and determination of the goods guys but there they just kind of suck.  They’re assholes and morons who take power for the sake of taking it and don’t even really have a vision beyond that.  Knowing that this show takes place further on than any of the games does bring up the problem I’ve always had with the series, which is that it’s been two fucking centuries and no one has re-learned how to cut a 2x4?  

The biggest issue I have with the show is it all just feels kind of… squishy.  The characters and motivations sort of make sense, but also not really.  Where the shows chooses to add or change lore just doesn’t make a ton of sense.  Take the ghoul situation:

Spoiler

Why are ghouls suddenly drug dependent to not go feral, and who the hell is making these drugs?  The entire trip to go get more vials is just weird from start to finish.  So these two burnouts are running an organ harvesting operation which, fine.  They have cells full of feral ghouls because… reasons?  They’re not there for organ harvesting, I sincerely doubt they’re for meat, they exist basically as a plot device to be released later.  Cooper can obviously survive a long time without any food because he’s buried “alive” for extended periods of time, but cannibalizes his feral friend.  

The same kind of weirdness applies to the whole vault situation and overarching plot.

Spoiler

I know the conceit of the vaults has always been vaguely kind of stupid.  The number of vaults that exist and the number that are dedicated to the most absolutely hare-brained “experiments” known to man has always been really pointless.  The triple vault “experiment” in the show doesn’t make any sense to me.  Ok, so you’re going somehow breed a group of “super managers” or whatever by selectively choosing people from your posse to thaw every now and then and implant them in the populations of vaults 32 and 33.  Fine.  Lets even roll with the idea that for 200 years the people thawed early were totally fine with living out their lives in the vault instead of being one of the chosen few to live out life on the surface.  How are you ensuring that vault 31 implants win every single time?  People are voting on paper slips, I don’t think it’s being rigged by computer.  It also doesn’t explain what happened in vault 32.  Presumably they figured it all out and then… killed themselves?  If they wanted in to vault 31 so bad why didn’t they just leave the vault and open the door from the outside with a pipboy like Molldaver does?  For that matter, why does Molldaver even bother with the ruse in the first place?  How long were they waiting inside Vault 32 making negotiations for a marriage and trade when they could have just popped the door whenever they wanted and marched in?

So much of the plot revolves around not just the choices people made 200 years ago, but the literal living people from 200 years ago.  Over half of the major characters in the show come from before the war.  It makes the entire end of the world seem like a personal conflict between a handful of people who knew each other in California, and making Vault-tec being the ones responsible for the bombs is just nonsensical.  

It was a fun romp and I’m looking forward to next season either way.

2 hours ago, Bacon said:

Hide contents

do you guys realize it’s okay to have questions after a season? not everything needs to be answered after season 1 

5 hours ago, Bacon said:

As long as it isn't icepop or time travel, I'll prolly be ok with whatever the answer is. Icepop isn't THAT bad, I just hate when they use the same excuse. Feels lazy.

I mean one of those makes complete sense and is very likely given the particulars of this season of the show.