South Park Post-COVID special

Spork3245

My free trial ends the day before the second part releases lol

I liked it a lot. “It’s been 40 fucking years. That’s enough research!” And Clyde calling his body a temple after thinking he was going to snort coke.

I was impressed with how they all sound at older but got the intonation in rhythm just right. I keep thinking Cartman is playing the long game trying to get Kyle kinda, but at the end it changed what I thought of him. Apparently he likes where he’s at now, and since he doesn’t want to change the past he wants to become a nemesis for Kyle again.

Which means become terrible again so that’s ironic. Also if you’ve seen the teaser poster they have for the second part, I wouldn’t put it past them to make that big scene the very last thing we see in this next episode.

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

It's even sadder when

Reveal hidden contents

Tragic when you think about it.

They kinda foreshadowed it earlier in the episode too

Spoiler

When Cartman’s wife said “this town, these people, ever since you’ve come back here it’s been changing you. You’re not the same sweet, gentle, loving, man I married since we’ve been here.”.

Cartman getting away from everyone changed him for the better, whereas everyone else becomes miserable.

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Yup.

8 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

This is your problem. You're paying for cable on top of streaming?

Ditch the cable and do streaming only. If you pay for Paramount+ Disney+ and  PeaCOCK it's like 30 dollars, a lot cheaper than cable which is like 120 bucks.

💦 🍆 ?

• True 1

On 12/18/2021 at 5:39 AM, Spork3245 said:

Reveal hidden contents

I loved

Spoiler

how being around Kyle even drew out his kids' genetic hatred of Kyle. :lol:

On 12/18/2021 at 4:18 AM, Keyser_Soze said:

This is your problem. You're paying for cable on top of streaming?

Ditch the cable and do streaming only. If you pay for Paramount+ Disney+ and  PeaCOCK it's like 30 dollars, a lot cheaper than cable which is like 120 bucks.

I pay for cable... 70 bucks for TV. Phone and Internet bring my bill up to 180 total.

24 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I pay for cable... 70 bucks for TV. Phone and Internet bring my bill up to 180 total.

I used to pay for cable and it was 120 bucks a month for the cable alone. I had internet and since it was bundled you got the phone free but I had no need for it. In any case if you're paying $70 or $180, subscribing to Disney+ bundle, Paramount + and Peacock is cheaper than cable..

7 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I used to pay for cable and it was 120 bucks a month for the cable alone. I had internet and since it was bundled you got the phone free but I had no need for it. In any case if you're paying $70 or $180, subscribing to Disney+ bundle, Paramount + and Peacock is cheaper than cable..

That 180 includes HBO, Starz, Showtime and TMC in addition to ESPN, Comedy  Central and a bunch of other channels. So my cable is pretty cheap with the deal I negotiated. I have Disney, Paramount and Peacock too as well as pretty much every other streaming service.

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

That 180 includes HBO, Starz, Showtime and TMC in addition to ESPN, Comedy  Central and a bunch of other channels. So my cable is pretty cheap with the deal I negotiated. I have Disney, Paramount and Peacock too as well as pretty much every other streaming service.

Jesus, you must be in one competitive area to negotiate your cable company down to a package deal like that.  Since I live in a Comcast dominated area, I pretty much always got the middle finger when I bartered with them.  I just left them recently though for T-Mobile home internet which has been surprisingly good.  Service is costing me $50 a month and since they have a deal with Google, I get $10 a month off YouTube TV.  I'm getting 6 months of HBO Max free right now along with a free year of Paramount Plus.  Verizon gives me Hulu and Disney Plus.  Not sure what I'll do for streaming apps once the free periods are all over.

50 minutes ago, vaxick said:

Jesus, you must be in one competitive area to negotiate your cable company down to a package deal like that.  Since I live in a Comcast dominated area, I pretty much always got the middle finger when I bartered with them.  I just left them recently though for T-Mobile home internet which has been surprisingly good.  Service is costing me $50 a month and since they have a deal with Google, I get $10 a month off YouTube TV.  I'm getting 6 months of HBO Max free right now along with a free year of Paramount Plus.  Verizon gives me Hulu and Disney Plus.  Not sure what I'll do for streaming apps once the free periods are all over.

They're desperate to keep customers.  Threaten to get rid of TV all together and watch how quickly they put a deal together for you. My bill used to be 168, it went up ten bucks or so this year.

26 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

They're desperate to keep customers.  Threaten to get rid of TV all together and watch how quickly they put a deal together for you. My bill used to be 168, it went up ten bucks or so this year.

I just got tired of the whole dance you've gotta do with cable providers to lower your bill as it'll inevitably start to climb.  I also got tired of all those little fees that really add up from the regional sports fee, to the cable box fees, to the local broadcast fee as well.  The irony of it all is I prefer the cable television format to app based entertainment making me a prime candidate for a cable service, but they did everything they could to drive me away.  I even went to the Comcast store to end my service, simply so I wouldn't have to deal with their call centers.  It feels great having truly unlimited internet for $50 a month now and not having to think about my rates going up.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2021 at 3:46 AM, Spork3245 said:

Watched the second part last night, really good. I loved them shitting on NFTs. I did not like the ending, though.

Reveal hidden contents

Throw me in as another one who 

Spoiler

was sad about that. He has trust in God to guide him and his wife through this and reconnect in a new reality.... and nope! And that's after he killed Clyde to try to make things right. You see all four boys going to a basketball game together, thinking they'll all make it through, but nope! :( 

However, it was actually sweet to see people making up again at the end. South Park's take on COVID has been surprisingly emotional and uplifting for me.

1 hour ago, SaysWho? said:

Hide contents

was sad about that. He has trust in God to guide him and his wife through this and reconnect in a new reality.... and nope! And that's after he killed Clyde to try to make things right. You see all four boys going to a basketball game together, thinking they'll all make it through, but nope! :( 

However, it was actually sweet to see people making up again at the end. South Park's take on COVID has been surprisingly emotional and uplifting for me.

Something tells me that they planned on: 

Spoiler

Kyle being with that Jewish woman Cartman married, but they didn't go through with it

• Shocked 1

3 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

During that final scene (before they got to homeless Cartman) I was definitely like WTF, how is South Park of all shows giving me all these feels. "Touching" is not a word you would think to associate with this show.

• True 1

56 minutes ago, Jason said:

Reveal hidden contents

It can definitely be moving at times. I just watched that episode with Wendy and the whole photohop thing... That one was very sad and emotional as well. I'm sure I can think of other ones too.