Taco Bell review part 1

Bacon

I just ate some taco bell for what I really consider the first time. I stuck to something pretty basic. I got a chicken quesadilla combo and an order of cinnamon twists. The Drink is Baja Blast.

Crunchy Taco

First thing I noticed was the smell of the seasoned beef. And the taste is basically the same as the smell but stronger. Overall I thought the taste of the seasoned beef was tolerable but not great. There is a kinda vomit like quality to it. Not like I'm going to vomit, but something reminiscent. If there was cheese on it I could not tell. While I knew there was always going to be a piddly amount of meat on the product, I was surprised by how little there was. Still, what was there resulted in a strong enough flavor that makes me think maybe it is better there isn't more. I give this product a 4 out of 10. 

Chicken Quesadilla

I have made a grilled cheese of sorts at home using a shredded cheese blend atop a tortilla and cooking it stove top until the cheese melts and the tortilla has crisped up with out burning it. And that is basically what the chicken quesadilla tasted like. I could feel the meat but there wasn't a strong taste to it. There was a good amount of cheese thankfully. More than I expected. This would be an OK, but over priced, product but I take issue with the Creamy Jalapeño Sauce. It actually tastes good, but it was slathered on way too hard to the point where I was literally squeezing out pure sauce and one particular section only tasted like sauce. A lot of the bites I took tasted more like sauce than anything else. Because of that I give this product a 5 out of 10.

Cinnamon Twists

I have had similar things before. But I liked that these were warm. There is nothing to dislike really. It is prefect for what it is. I give this product a 10 out of 10. 

Baja Blast

Better than the canned and bottled versions. 8 out of 10. 

Next week, probably, I'll review:

Double Steak Grilled Cheese Burrito

Cheesy Gordita Crunch

Nacho Cheese Doritos Locos Tacos 

Brisk Mango Fiesta 

1 minute ago, Chris- said:

I’m dying at the idea that all this time you were making quesadillas, but didn’t realize it until you ordered a quesadilla from Taco Bell. 

I have a very hard time considering cheese and a tortilla to be a quesadillas. Maybe it is, but that's just a cheesy tortilla to me.

3 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Also, chalupas and crunchwraps are the true reason to go to Taco Bell. Don’t bother with most of the other stuff you plan to order. 

I don't like tomato so... 

1 minute ago, Joe said:

@Bacon A quesadilla is in fact just a cheesy tortilla lol. I don’t believe you that you didn’t know that.

I mean I call cheese, sauce, and pepperoni between two tortillas cooked stovetop a Pizza Quesadilla, but never I have considered some cheese and single tortilla to be one. My brother and I would often just called it grilled cheese or sometimes Mexican grilled cheese cuz, you know, bread and cheese cooked in a skillet = grilled cheese but a tortilla makes it Mexican. 

• Confused 1

49 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I mean I call cheese, sauce, and pepperoni between two tortillas cooked stovetop a Pizza Quesadilla, but never I have considered some cheese and single tortilla to be one. My brother and I would often just called it grilled cheese or sometimes Mexican grilled cheese cuz, you know, bread and cheese cooked in a skillet = grilled cheese but a tortilla makes it Mexican. 

lol 

A quesadilla IS a Mexican grilled cheese fool

• Shocked 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/16/2021 at 9:55 AM, Bacon said:

I've never had a "real" taco. I've have 3 tacos ever in total all from taco bell. 1 crunchy from a taco bell in seaworld, and a crunchy and soft from a local taco bell when I went to a friends house. Coincidentally, I thought maybe I should actually give Taco Bell a shot and made a list of stuff to get last night. 

I was in elementary school for the first one and High school for the second.

8 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I'm trying to think about what I should eat tonight. This thread has me thinking taco bell. I'm hungry af so what do you guys recommend for a big meal from them? Haven't been to a taco bell in like 6 years or more.

Get the Taco 12 -pack. Soft or hard shell.

3 hours ago, best3444 said:

I'm trying to think about what I should eat tonight. This thread has me thinking taco bell. I'm hungry af so what do you guys recommend for a big meal from them? Haven't been to a taco bell in like 6 years or more.

Do they still have the grilled stuffed burrito? Get that but don't get the white tomatoes on it.