Sackboy: A Big Adventure is headed to Steam according to a SteamDB listing

Brian

5 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

No no no, Astro's is a mid-tier platformer at best of Sony just jacking off in your face for 2 hours, I don't accept that as a "platformer." It's nostalgia bait for weird Sony zealots.

But I am curious about "quite a few" platformers on the system.

“Quite a few” would depend on where you put the cut off on if the game has to have a native ps5 app or ps5 enhancements to count or not I think.

And na Astro Bot was really fun and cute.

18 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

No no no, Astro's is a mid-tier platformer at best of Sony just jacking off in your face for 2 hours, I don't accept that as a "platformer."

What you accept and what it is are two different things, love.

18 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

But I am curious about "quite a few" platformers on the system.

Hmm.

2 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

I actually clicked on that and the first link was just Sackboy, Crash 4, and Astro.

This was my first link.

I haven't been on a "fix," but I've been playing a lot more platformers, which started with Astro Bot: Rescue Mission I think, which made me remember that I used to love platformers, and then Sackboy. So I've been playing a lot more platformers on PS5 and Switch than I have in years and the ones I know about from indies and up that you can purchase are:

Astro's Playroom

Crash 4

Hoa

It Takes Two

Kaze and the Wild Masks

Lost Words: Beyond the Page

Mail Mole

Oddworld: Soulstorm

Psychonauts 2

Pumpkin Jack

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart

Sackboy: A Big Adventure

Super Monkey Ball: Bananamania

Don't think there's been this many in year 1 since I think the PS2? Even discounting a remaster of older SMB games, which I've never played so I'm interested.

I love Psychonauts 2, and I would not call it a platformer. Ratchet and Clank is great, but a platformer? No. It's a shooty shooty boom boom game. I hate Crash, and don't consider it a video game fit for human consumption.

But really these seem to be like 95% Steam rereleases. I was hoping you meant PS5 had some actual platformer exclusives, since both Sackboy and Astro were exclusives, so I thought that was the implication.

But I mean if we're counting that list as platformers, Psychonauts 2 beats Sackboy like a redheaded stepchild up and down the stairs and then into oncoming traffic and it's not even close.

weird posts itt lol. Super Monkey Ball isn’t by any stretch a platformer idk how that got on there. The new oddworld actually kinda is though. Crash 4 obviously counts and it’s quite good. 

Rachet is close enough to count as a 3d platformer. You shoot instead of jump on heads but it’s a ps2 3D collectethon style mascot platformer at its heart. Psychonauts looked even more so like a 3D platformer. I haven’t started that yet (SOON) but idk what else I would consider it from what Ive seen/played of the first.

Pumpkin Jack is really good and you guys should check it out since it’s halloween time again!

Im tempted to add Kena tbh. 

3 hours ago, stepee said:

weird posts itt lol. Super Monkey Ball isn’t by any stretch a platformer idk how that got on there. The new oddworld actually kinda is though. Crash 4 obviously counts and it’s quite good. 

Rachet is close enough to count as a 3d platformer. You shoot instead of jump on heads but it’s a ps2 3D collectethon style mascot platformer at its heart. Psychonauts looked even more so like a 3D platformer. I haven’t started that yet (SOON) but idk what else I would consider it from what Ive seen/played of the first.

Pumpkin Jack is really good and you guys should check it out since it’s halloween time again!

Im tempted to add Kena tbh. 

Y'all are watering down platformer to mean any game where you can jump on something. Might as well call Returnal a platformer at that point.