Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack OT

Pikachu

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Keyser_Soze said:

I only ever played the first one. Is the second one any good?

Honestly, I have never played it (or knew it existed), but I think I speak for everyone when I say that the original told a story that begged for a sequel. 

I'm surprised. After they added N64 and Genesis games to the service, I assumed they were done adding NES and SNES games. Glad I was wrong there. I've always meant to try out Mappy Land, and I've also never played Earthworm Jim 2

Dig Dug II is an aggressively mediocre game. Like, it's fine...but there's a reason why the original is so well known and well loved, and the sequel is a title few people even remember exists. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

I think I have that on Wii…was it one of the playable games in the Kirby Dream Collection

Regardless, I’ve never played this N64 game so maybe now I can give it a shot.

Yeah it was in that collection. I never played it either tho so def going to now.

• 2 weeks later...

I actually like these more obscure snes additions. Honestly I’m good off most nes stuff, and most game boy stuff, but pretty much anything 16bit I’ll give it a whirl so hopefully they keep at it and also bring in gba and tg16.

I could be happy with Nintendo’s online + expansion pass thing pretty easily, like I think if they even just doubled the frequency I wouldn’t feel it was technically a bad deal still. And that really wouldn’t be a lot for them to do. 

Give me more genesis!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

Wily Wars is a bad remake collection.  I remember there's one less bullet you can shoot on screen at a time, it drove me nuts.

Eh? Wily Wars is awesome! I was playing it yesterday. Mega Man can still shoot 3 plasma shots on screen, just like in the NES originals. Not sure what you're talking about? 

I think I still prefer the NES versions, but this is a pretty awesome collection for the Genesis. I would recommend NOT skipping it! 

31 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

Eh? Wily Wars is awesome! I was playing it yesterday. Mega Man can still shoot 3 plasma shots on screen, just like in the NES originals. Not sure what you're talking about? 

I think I still prefer the NES versions, but this is a pretty awesome collection for the Genesis. I would recommend NOT skipping it! 

Are you going to play Target Earth?

3 hours ago, GameDadGrant said:

• “In all [willy wars] games, shots are limited to one shot every few frames of animation. In the originals, players could fire weaponry on every other frame.”
1200?cb=20100823011837
MEGAMAN.FANDOM.COM

Mega Man: The Wily Wars, known as Rockman Mega World (ロックマンメガワールド, Rokkuman Mega Wārudo) in Japan, is a remake compilation of Mega Man, Mega Man 2 and Mega Man 3...

That’s the nerf I was trying to recall.  

It felt to me like you could always get in one less shot than the originals if you were close up.  Slows the game down, feels bad.

1 hour ago, crispy4000 said:

• “In all [willy wars] games, shots are limited to one shot every few frames of animation. In the originals, players could fire weaponry on every other frame.”
1200?cb=20100823011837
MEGAMAN.FANDOM.COM

Mega Man: The Wily Wars, known as Rockman Mega World (ロックマンメガワールド, Rokkuman Mega Wārudo) in Japan, is a remake compilation of Mega Man, Mega Man 2 and Mega Man 3...

That’s the nerf I was trying to recall.  

It felt to me like you could always get in one less shot than the originals if you were close up.  Slows the game down, feels bad.

I haven't really experienced that. Thankfully, the NES originals are still playable so...no harm, no foul. :) 

48 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

I haven't really experienced that. Thankfully, the NES originals are still playable so...no harm, no foul. :) 

Well, glad you didn’t.  It was one of the first things I noticed when I tried it.  Close up, you’re supposed to be able to jam that fire button Master Takahashi-style.

58 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

Well, glad you didn’t.  It was one of the first things I noticed when I tried it.  Close up, you’re supposed to be able to jam that fire button Master Takahashi-style.

Or perhaps, more appropriately, like Segata Sanshiro? (hey, it's on a SEGA thing after all! :D )

giphy.gif

• Haha 1