NFL Week 1 - [Kickoff September 09] - Facemasks Mandatory / Facemasking Optional

Keyser_Soze

On 9/10/2021 at 6:57 AM, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

It was pretty sweet of the NFL to give us what could very well be the best game of the season right out of the starting gate!

Might as well skip the rest of the season now!

Sorry @Commissar SFLUFAN by declaring the TNF the game of the year you missed out on the game of the year

3 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

You were certain Kansas City was bad and they came back to win. :p

No.  I was certain the Browns were better than KC.  Still think they are.

KC's defence is trash -- and their O-Line played poorly (don't know if I've ever seen Orlando Brown have a game like that).  They still have Mahomes, Hill and Kelce -- which is apparently all they need.  And some lucky turnovers (3 if memory serves me right).

Way too early impressions:

1) ESPN has the worst NFL production values.  I'll take trash-tier CBS over the commentary/camera work we saw last night

2)  Raiders defence is no longer trash-tier.  Not sure if they're good, but slightly below average would be the best they've been in 20 years.

3)  The Raiders run game still looks bad.

4)  Derek Carr looked bad in the first half.  Overthrew his receivers a number of times -- was zeroing in too much on Waller.  They were lucky to be so close at halftime.

5)  How much of Raiders offensive struggles were due to a good Ravens defence vs. a degradation from last year?  (I have the same questions about the Bills after the Buffalo/Steelers game.)

6)  Raiders need to go at least 2-2 during their first four games if they want a sniff at a wildcard spot.  Those opponents are Bal/Pit/MIA/LAC -- all teams that most pundits have competing for Wildcard spots.  

27 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Way too early impressions:

1) ESPN has the worst NFL production values.  I'll take trash-tier CBS over the commentary/camera work we saw last night

Out of the 4 networks that show football I think CBS is probably the best quality wise. NBC probably second best. ESPN has the worst commentary though. CBS with Romo and Nance probably the best and then Al Michaels on SNF (Collinsworth sucks though). Fox is pretty bad.