ESPN aired a high school football game for a school that does not actually exist

My God, it was a 30:30 that happened in real time. :lol:

I spoke with Paragon president Rashid Ghazi last night. Ghazi said that they would have cancelled the game had they had known that the same kids played earlier in the weekend, and they had held out hope that Bishop Sycamore perhaps fielded two teams with a split-squad approach to the two contests.

I feel deeply unfortunate for whatever lawyer they have on retainer.

This is fucking wild. The ungodly amount of institutional incompetence, and the fact the morons behind it got so lucky - and were able to take it so far - they ended up blowing it on national television and forcing a multi-billion dollar media empire to admit as much live on air. Unbelievable.

• Haha 1

Bishop Sycamore’s existence as an actual school has been called into question many times over. If it does, it’s as a new online charter school at most. The school is not recognized by the Ohio High School Athletic Association, and their physical location, practice facilities, and roster eligibility could not be verified.

GettyImages-86014213.jpg
DEFECTOR.COM

If you are a prep outfit that can provide the big programs with talent and TV networks with inventory, nobody stops to ask for your accreditation status. Bishop Sycamore’s undoing was not its abhorrent practices, ultimately. It was its inability to play football at a high enough level. It gave the game away a little too obviously.

12 minutes ago, Ricofoley said:
GettyImages-86014213.jpg
DEFECTOR.COM

If you are a prep outfit that can provide the big programs with talent and TV networks with inventory, nobody stops to ask for your accreditation status. Bishop Sycamore’s undoing was not its abhorrent practices, ultimately. It was its inability to play football at a high enough level. It gave the game...

One hundred percent. I don’t think people realize how many young Black men are poached from actual schools and put into these football/basketball factories to keep a pipeline of top end talent for the big college programs, sports equipment companies, and agents, just to make a bunch of degenerates rich.