UPDATE - Liberals win minority government, but everyone's a loser. | Canada Votes |OT| - 44th Federal Election - Sept 20, 2021

If Libs end with less seats than they started with then yeah JT will end up having to step down, not immediately but before the next election. I'm still not so sure that is happening because PPC already had an effect in a riding they were running.

Greens lost a seat by the looks of it. We're so ending up with 1/2 seats.

1 minute ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Not necessarily. His personal popularity is really high. NDP has no real chance of forming government in near term. 

It's not even a matter of forming a government - it's about even being part of the discussion.

Singh's personal popularity just doesn't seem to be translating into actual electoral results, and that's a problem.

18 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

No Liberal candidate though…,

Eh sort of. The guy is still in the election and is listed under the liberal brand, he will be force to sit as an independent if he wins but aligns with the liberals. It's not like it's going to be a NDP or CPC pickup.

If the NDP loses seats then there will be pressure for Singh to resign but the issue the NDP has ATM is there isn't a good/strong alternative in the party right now. So he might just drag his feet for a while. Greens I can see (trying to) kicking out their leader as early as tonight with a few possible contenders to take over.

-edit-

Actually the only leader who I think is generally safe tonight is the BQ leader (and PPC but that isn't a shock).