Any y'all mofakas know about glasses prescriptions _?_

Bacon

I got new glasses, but I feel like they are worse. I get that they are new and shit takes time to get used to it, but my left eye, dominate eye, seems to me quite blurrier. Which is weird cuz like, if there was ever any blur on my previous glasses, it was always on my right side, and my left side was always perfect. Now my right eye feels like it sees better than my left. So like, how would you read this. 

Old Rx

5vF78D6.png

New Rx

f628r98.jpg

Like, it seems weird to me that some numbers are lower than before. Of course I am gonna give it some time. Like if by next week shit don't feel right then I'm going back, but with how I feel atm, I feel like I am going to be going back next week. 

Cylinder means you halve astigmatism. Not totally familiar with that because I don’t have it. Sphere is just your prescription strength and it looks like they made your left eye weaker. Did they dilate your pupils?

1 hour ago, Joe said:

Cylinder means you halve astigmatism. Not totally familiar with that because I don’t have it. Sphere is just your prescription strength and it looks like they made your left eye weaker. Did they dilate your pupils?

I have astigmatism in both eyes. 

"A common imperfection in the eye's curvature. With astigmatism, the front surface of the eye or the lens, inside the eye, is curved differently in one direction than the other".

3 minutes ago, Rachel said:

Your new prescription implies that your vision worsened, that’s why some of the numbers are lower. It happens all the time and is normal.

If that’s what’s going on in your case then your new prescription should make your vision clearer than your old one, not the other way around. 

I’m guessing there was a mistake at your eye doctor. Definitely go back. 

The bizarre thing is that his left eye improved, but the astigmatism numbers got fairly dramatically worse.

9 hours ago, Joe said:

Sphere is just your prescription strength and it looks like they made your left eye weaker. Did they dilate your pupils?

No. They did when I got my previous pair tho.

1 hour ago, Rachel said:

Your new prescription implies that your vision worsened, that’s why some of the numbers are lower. It happens all the time and is normal.

If that’s what’s going on in your case then your new prescription should make your vision clearer than your old one, not the other way around. 

I’m guessing there was a mistake at your eye doctor. Definitely go back. 

Yeah, I know it worsened it seems weird to me that my left eye when to -3.50 to -3.25. If it worsened I would assume it would become something like -3.75. Although my right eye Rx seems fine it also seems weird that my axis went from 12 to 10 instead something like 14 but I don't know what axis measures. 

And this isn't even the same Doc. I was quite unsatisfied with this new one. Very curt, and said basically nothing except for the 1,2,A,B shit. I mean, I don't need small talk, but everything felt rushed because it was like, sit here, what line can you read to, 1 or 2(times infinity), A or B(times infinity), "Your astigmatism worsened, so you might need sometime to get used to your new glasses", bye.

And when I really couldn't tell when one slide was better than the other, and even said I can't really tell, the doc just kept switching between saying 1/2 or A/B until I would then say "I guess A, but I can't really tell" and I guess that was a good enough answer. It was made worse by how fast the doc would swap between slides. I don't even feel like I would get a full second before the doc would switch from A to B. I mean, maybe this new doc was actually doing it right and the other one was doing it wrong, but that guy did "1 or 2, or are they about the same?" And with this new doc any about the sames became unconfident guesses.

I mean, maybe this doc didn't do a bad job and maybe I do just need to get used to it but I much prefer the previous doc's style of doctoring. But even by the end of the session, I still couldn't clearly read the bottom line of text. Like, I couldn't tell if the last letter on the bottom line was c/e/o and even now I don't know. 

16 hours ago, best3444 said:

Speaking of eyes I just ordered new contacts from 1800 contacts. Expensive as fuck. 

There's often rebates you can get for contacts and they tend to be for a decent chunk of the cost.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

There's often rebates you can get for contacts and they tend to be for a decent chunk of the cost.

Where do I obtain these rebates? My eye doctor does price checks for me and 1800 contacts is always the cheapest.