GOW: Ragnarok may not be coming to PS4 (rumor), Disc PS5 breaks even in June, Returnal is successful new IP, PS+ and Now at 50+ mil subscribers, Playstation more profitable than ever, 41% of PS4/PS5 owners are women (up from 18% on PS1)

SaysWho?

God of War: Ragnarok may not be coming to PS4. This is due to documents from Sony that show big PS4 launches still to come. God of War is nowhere to be found, but Horizon is there.

unknown.png

PS5 Disc Version To Break Even in June 2021

image0.png

41% of PS4/PS5 owners are women, 10% of revenue now in emerging markets

E2WTm4oXIAQPobS?format=jpg&name=large

Returnal considered a successful new IP, listed with Ghost of Tsushima

image0.png

PS+ Showing large growth, PS Now still smaller but showing more growth

E2WcLWtXEAc3Nd_?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Playstation is more profitable than ever

E2WTCuNXIAMcHBz?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Some other details. As has been reported, PS5 sell-in is higher than previous Playstation consoles:

E2WTW7vWQAQMBiS?format=jpg&name=medium

Free-to-Play is a big revenue driver.

Playstation 5 is the focus but as we're seeing from movies and PC, we'll be extending beyond the console, including bringing more games to PC and 

E2WWeflXMAEH6-O?format=jpg&name=4096x409

And here's a dig at Knack:

E2WUJwaWQAIG0NV?format=jpg&name=4096x409

I think another thing that'll continue: PS+ line-ups being crazy good. I've already accumulated hundreds of games on it, but the new releases and rave monthly lineups will likely continue considering their importance.

Sony's AI subsidiary is promising for Playstation Studios.

vpavic_4261_20201023_0030.jpg
WWW.THEVERGE.COM

Sony also wants to bring its first-party IP to TV shows and films

PSVR is part of their revenue driver as well from the "new growth vectors" slide. PSVR2 gun b gud.

10 minutes ago, Dodger said:

People on ERA act like Returnal was a huge flop. 

Kids on the internet don't know what the word "Flop" actually means I've found. I had to explain to my teenaged neice that flop does not mean "I was dissppointed by how this product turned out." It means "This product was a critical and or especially, a commercial failure." 

14 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Kids on the internet don't know what the word "Flop" actually means I've found. I had to explain to my teenaged neice that flop does not mean "I was dissppointed by how this product turned out." It means "This product was a critical and or especially, a commercial failure." 

Any Sony exclusive that doesn't sell 10+ million is probably a "flop" to those people. 

1 hour ago, johnny said:

they just saw people complaining about the lack of a save system and how hard it is an labeled it a flop off of that lol

This. Beyond some initial bugs/glitches and the criticism over the save system the game is pretty much amazing and I enjoy doing a run when I get the time (which I don't get to often and I wish I could play more).

Returnal was excellent, and I'm glad to hear it was not a flop. I guess the 7.3 user score on Metacritic after 2,700 votes could be indicative of some divisiveness/disappointment since 7.3 is considered "mixed", but the critics have it at an 86, which is an excellent score for a game on metacritic.

2 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

2 hours ago, Dodger said:

Any Sony exclusive that doesn't sell 10+ million is probably a "flop" to those people. 

5 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

This. Beyond some initial bugs/glitches and the criticism over the save system the game is pretty much amazing and I enjoy doing a run when I get the time (which I don't get to often and I wish I could play more).

Returnal was excellent, and I'm glad to hear it was not a flop. I guess the 7.3 user score on Metacritic after 2,700 votes could be indicative of some divisiveness/disappointment since 7.3 is considered "mixed", but the critics have it at an 86, which is an excellent score for a game on metacritic.

Some of them are, like, 50, but in their defense, there are plenty who were sayin it was doing fine.

The big thing is that Housemarque is 50 people; this isn't a game that has to do Spidey/God of War numbers. Charting Top 10 in a day is pretty damn good.

Returnal looks great but it wasnt for me. I only made a few runs before giving up on it. It' isn't terrible by any stretch, but it never hooked me. I'd play it more if I didn't have a backlog that feels like it could last the rest of my life even if I stopped working today. They still got my $70 though. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dodger said:

Returnal looks great but it wasnt for me. I only made a few runs before giving up on it. It' isn't terrible by any stretch, but it never hooked me. I'd play it more if I didn't have a backlog that feels like it could last the rest of my life even if I stopped working today. They still got my $70 though. 

I try and stick with one game at a time before moving on. I still have a backlog but it's not terribly bad.